For the past few nights I've been craving Chex mix! I don't know why, I normally don't buy this stuff, infact I never buy it. But all of a sudden I got it in to my head that I wanted to make some, like you see them do on the tv commercials at this time of year! So yesterday I looked on line for the 'original Chex mix recipe' (which you can find HERE) and I bought what I needed while I was out g
rocery shopping yesterday.And voila, here it is - plus a few M&M's cos I like the sweet and salty taste together! This is really easy to make perfect for when you feel like snacking on something crunchy. I had no clue what was in the homemade version of this and was really surprised at the ingredients - worcestershire sauce, butter, onion powder and seasoned salt! But it all tastes super yummy once it's baked. I can't stop eating the stuff (which is not good when I'm trying to cut back and eat a bit more healthy!)

I had to force myself to go to the gym yesterday morning, but I'm glad I did. I hate to admit it but I haven't been in 3 weeks! And I knew if I didn't go first thing Monday morning, I would end up making excuses for every other day of the week too. That's how I got out of the habit in the first place.
I could really do with losing 10 pounds before Christmas (that's about how much I've put on since I was on the South Beach Diet this Summer) but I know it's not gonna happen. Not when I'm making snacks like this, that's for sure - and when I've signed up to make three dozen cookies for church in a couple of weeks! BUT, if I can just be sensible and eat small portions and snack just a teeny tiny bit.... well perhaps there won't be too much damage done (I'm hoping I don't gain any weight) and I will hopefully be more motivated to diet and exercise in January.
I always love the start of a new year - I'm always motivated to do just about anything. I like to start off the year thinking I'll eat healthy and exercise more. The fact that I don't usually get past January before I'm falling off the wagon (so to speak) doesn't put me off in the least ;-)
Always willing... always motivated..... roll on 2008!
8 comments:
Hi Denise! If it wasn't for the butter, the chex snack wouldn't be that bad. :) Maybe a butter substitute would work. Did you like the results show for DWTS? It was long but fun to see the old contestants again. I'm still sorry that male model was voted off so early- he was fun! (((Hugz)))
Hi Denise, I have had a sweet tooth since Halloween. I love that princess picture of Kristen. I feel the same way as you about RSVPs. Those are some cool birthday gifts. I wonder what Santa is brining? :)
Hi Denise, I followed your lead and started a blog too. Thanks for the tip.
Hi Denise! Your blog looks really cute! I haven't made chex mix in a long time. Loved the pics of Kristen's birthday party. It is ashame the parents didn't RSVP! She is such a beautiful girl. ((BIG HUGS))
Hey Denise...that anonymous comment is from me, lol!
hello! WEll, I don't really know what to say about your chex stuff, as I haven't a clue what it is! But it must be nice if you can't stop munching :-)
Did you get your lights put up? I think I'm all done now. I tend to do all of ours too, because I'm a bossy boots and like it done my way! ha ha ha! Bill and Brad did most of it for me though, around Halloween, so I've only had to fiddle and put out a few extra lights. Just need two more strands now, one each for the trees by the door (last years won't work, no matter what I do)and that's that. Even got the wreath on the door today, and the ribbons on the door lights. All I need now is my main tree and a few extra ones dotted around the house for humbug to pull down!
Bill and I are going on a good health kick at the start of 2008 too. I agree, it feels right to start these things at the beginning of the year.
hope you are having a good week xxxx
p.s I signed up to get the '12 days of christmas' cookie emails from the Food Network. I think that's the home of your Paula Deene/Dean/Deane (can't remember how she spells her name!). They even have videos about the cookies.
http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/et_hd_christmas/0,1972,FOOD_9832,00.html
:O)
xx
Ok, this doesn't exactly fit with your 'diet' theme but oh my gosh, it's the best munchy snack ever!!
CHEX MIX PUPPY CHOW
9 cup Chex
1 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup butter
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
Put cereal in large bowl. Melt chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
Pour over Chex cereal, put into a large plastic bag with powdered sugar and shake well to coat.
Spread mixture evenly on wax paper and allow to cool.
Post a Comment