Hi everyone, bet you didn't expect to see me back so soon!! Jason is working at his new job with the government starting today (the reason we came to Denver). For the past few weeks he's done a mix of working in the office (for his previous employer) and working on the computer at home. When he's at home, I can't really get on the computer much and have to sit next to Kristen while she's doing school lessons. Now, I have a computer because Jason's in the office Mon -Fri, and I can catch up with things while Kristen is working. Right now she's finishing off an art project. When she's finished, I'll sit with her again to do English and History lessons.
So, I wanted to show off some more photos from this past week.... last Thursday, as I mentioned, we went on our first field trip with K12. It was at a state park called Castlewood Canyon Here are a few pictures I took:
That's Kristen to the right of the little boy in the blue hat! The kids had a great time. They were re-enacting a trip the settlers might have made back in the late 1800's when they were moving west and buying cheap land to settle on. The tour was in the form of a game and the kids had to make decisions on what was best for the 'family'. The tour guide was really good with them all. the hike was about 2 hours because we kept stopping and talking about the situations that might have arose, and what the settlers would have done etc. We want to go back there with Jason, perhaps this weekend and do another hike and then have a picnic afterwards :-)
Also last week (as I mentioned in the previous post too) I went to my very first Book Club :-) I called someone on Monday, who hosted the previous month, got her number from the neighborhood newsletter and it just so happened the meeting was that Wednesday. The lady I called even came and picked me up and introduced me to everyone. It was wonderful. The host serves dinner or appertizers and has wine..... I was in heaven, lol ;-) Of course I hadn't read the book but that was ok, it was nice chatting to them all before the 'meeting' started, then I just listened as they discussed the book. I've no doubt I'll be at most months meetings like I was with my bookclub in Texas. This month we are reading 'Death comes for the Archbishop', a classic apparently (of which I have never heard!!). I can't wait for the next meeting.
And another social night we had (cos Jason came along later with Kristen) was 'Wine Around the Ranch. I'll talk more about that next time as this is getting rather long. oh, and I have pictures to share of our first 'hike' around the neighborhood, breaking in our new hiking boots!!



7 comments:
Sounds like you're all settling in well! And what a gorgeous place for a hike. Bring your camera again - it looks terrific!
Hi Denise! I just saw on my reads you had posted and I didn't know all this was going on... I knew you were planning to move to Colorado... the new home and surrounding neighborhood looks gorgeous! The houses seem to have so much property around them. I love Colorado and it will be so beautiful in the winter. Leave it to you to already find a book club! Hope Kiki likes her new school... looks like she may have to import neighborhood kids as it doesn't seem like a block like your past house! (((Hugz)))
What a fun field trip!! There is an excitement in the 'voice' of your post that is so wonderful to 'hear'. Glad you are settling in. Can't wait until you start sharing pictures of decorating in the new house.
nice post thanks for sharing...i found your blog thrue other follower im looking for to visit more...blessings
love it, you are settling in so well and easily. I'm so happy for you :O)
Lovely photos.
We visited a castle on Sunday, so I blogged about it on RDD. Don't rush over though,I know you are busy!
xx
Lovely pics, Denise. I'm glad you have more time on the computer now. I have cousins who live in Colorado and they just love it!
Great photos it looks like quite a wild place. Its good to read that you are enjoying your new home
Post a Comment