Dinner is in the oven (or 'tea' if you're reading this in England!). Last week I found a recipe in one of my cooking magazines that I thought I would try out. It's Enchilada Casserole. It was SO good that I am making it again this week, tonight actually. I know you've been deprived of photos lately, so I thought I'd show you step by step (in pictures) how it's made ;-)
Step 1.
First off here are the ingredients you'll need (plus 1lb of ground beef or turkey, not shown in this picture). I always use ground turkey now, we can never tell the difference and there's less fat.Step 2
Step 3
add Italian dressing (1/4 cup), taco seasoning (2 tblsp) and cumin (1/4tsp)The recipe tells you to add lettuce and tomato on top before you serve it and fresh cilantro. I knew I wouldn't be doing that (Jason doesn't like fresh tomatoes) so at this point I added a tblsp of chopped fresh cilantro (and if you don't like cilantro just leave it out).
Step 6
sprinkle on cheese (any kind you like, I used cheddar on the bottom then the rest of the mexican cheese I had on the top)Step 9 (not shown)
repeat the layer of tortillas, meat, sour cream and cheese.
Cover and bake at 400 for 25 mins. Then uncover and bake a further 15 mins.
Step 10

DINNER IS SERVED!





9 comments:
Oh that looks so yummy! Making me hungry! ((BIG HUGS))
Hi Denise I have a similar recipe but I use beef and corn tortillas/ We eat ground turkey too. It's pretty good! nice photos of your recipe. Your theme is cute too! big hugs
That looks so good!! I want to try it! Oh..will have show this to Kelly she makes stuff like this all the time.
Love your new look at here Sweetie, very nice.
xoxo
Mmmm we love enchilada casserole but my recipe is quite different to yours. I'll have to send it to you and you can compare :) Nice photos!!!
Julie
Sure looks yummy Denise. You are a great cook! Love the look in here too! Hugsw
Now that looks awesome!!!! I'll have to try it. :)
That looks fantastic Denise!!
Thank-you for the visit. It was nice to see you at my blog. ((BIG HUGS))!!
that looks lovely! How do you find the American cooking terms and measurements? I still get confused with the 'cup' and isn't cilantro coriander???!!?? I'd like to give it a try one day :o)
That enchilada casserole looks fabulous! I will definitely have to copy down the recipe and have April make it some evening. Thanks for sharing, sweetie! Love ya! xo
Post a Comment