Monday, April 6, 2009

take me out to the ballgame!

.... that's exactly what my neighbor Cheryl did :-) It was Kristen's first ever baseball game. Cheryl had extra tickets for the first game of the season, so we went straight after church on Sunday. Steve (Cheryl's hubby wasn't feeling well so he didn't come, and Jason (poor guy) had to work!) So it was just us two Moms with our little angels. The last time I went to a baseball game was when we lived in Maryland, we went to see the Orioles play in Baltimore.

The weather was a bit cooler than usual and rather windy, but we all still had a great time. Kristen loved it, but I think the parts she liked the best was her 'foam finger' and meeting Spike the Bulldog (the team's mascot), and not to mention the cotton candy! She's already asking when can we go again. I think I'll wait a while, maybe take my guests when they come to visit in June. Cheryl said a Friday night game is good cos they have a firework display after the game.

Not much else to blog about so I'll leave you with photos from the game.....









6 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Hi Denise, what a cool thing to do, I miss going to the ball field as there's nothing near us. I guess I'll be happy with Little League :o) The photos are great & you all seem to have had a great time. Hugs

Sue said...

What a fun day out! Our Jays won their first game against Detroit - WOOHOO!!

Love it when you share pics. Makes me feel like I'm right there with you!

Love you xo

sadie said...

fab photos, I'm glad you all had such a good time. :O)

not sure why Haloscan is playing up for you, it seems ok now. It just has funny days sometimes.

Have a good week. x

Lynn said...

HA HA.. yes, it looks like the cotton candy was a winner! : ) What a fun day!

Honeycombs said...

Hi Sis, sure looks like you had a great time and candy floss too yum!! xx

Julie said...

How wonderful you got to have a girls day a the game with your cuties.

Just wanted to drop by and wish you and your dear family a very happy and blessed Easter.

Warm hugs and lots of love xoxooxox