I’m having trouble uploading pictures to blogger – I’ll be back later to see if I can add them!
Kikiboo Designs is the new name of my Etsy Store. When I first set up my Etsy Store it was to sell my hand knitted goods, so I named it the same as my blog ‘The Knitting Den’ But then I started making craft/vendor aprons and the cute teacup bird feeders too. The Knitting Den name no longer seemed to fit. So, for a brief period I called it ‘English Rose Gift Shoppe’I enjoyed sewing the aprons but I get bored doing the same things over and over, so I introduced ‘shoe bags’ and Lavender Sachets.
This cute Winnie The Pooh bag and matching Lavender Sachets recently sold in my Etsy store.
The customer then asked if I could do a special order if she sent me the material. I was more than happy to, so this week I’ve been working on more sachets and some smaller bags for her.
So because I have enjoyed sewing these bags, including 21 sachets for this customer, it came to me that I like knitting things for baby, and I like sewing things for baby, so why not rename my Etsy shop and focus on ‘baby’ items. I came up with the cute name KikiBoo for obvious reasons (if you’re new to my site, I’ll tell you – Kiki is what we call our daughter Kristen, and Boo is our little Shih Tzu). I added ‘and friends’ when I thought about the washcloths/dishcloths I like to knit (which would be great gifts for Grandma’s and Aunties too), and the thought of making blankies for new puppies came to mind, so it would include our ‘fur babies’ too :-)
You can visit my Etsy store by clicking on the banner above. And what do ya know, I decided to open up a new BLOG just for my store too (like I haven’t got enough of them, what with The Knitting Den, The Healthy Den, The Cooking Den!!). The KikiBoo Blog is where you can see updates about what I’ll be adding to my shop. It’s all a work in progress right now, but I’m hoping I can get more things listed very soon.



5 comments:
Love the bags and Winnie the Pooh too! I enjoyed the story of how you came to the new name for your Etsy shop, too!
Jan
That is a cute name for your store! Thanks for joining the party...sorry you had trouble uploading pics using live writer. I wonder what was wrong? I'm glad you got them loaded. Your items are so pretty! Congrats on the big order! That's great! Kristen
Love it D! The blog looks great and I LOVE the name of the shop!! Hope your sales go through the roof for you (or as far through as you desire - ha ha).
Hugs xo
Very cute, love the new name of your store! Best of luck with your shop, congrats! XO ~Liz
You really have some cute items in your Etsy store. Love the knitted washcloths. Loved the bag...the teacup bird feeder. Cute name for your blog/store.
Post a Comment