Thursday, August 25, 2011

100 Days to . . . . .(fill in the blank)

did you guess 'Christmas' ?  OK, it's not actually 100 days to Christmas just yet, but on September 16th it will be!!  And I can't wait to start the countdown :-) 


Last year I signed up at the 100daystochristmas blog to get daily emails with helpful tips and challenges to get you through the Holiday season. And not just Christmas, there are several holidays and special occasions between September and Christmas, including of course, Halloween and Thanksgiving - there's also Columbus Day, Hanukkah and Veterans Day.  This past week I visited the blog (early as usual) and was thrilled to see that an EBook would be available this year for just $4.99. They also now have a Facebook page too, so I headed over there to 'like' them. I was even happier to see on their page that they wanted 50 bloggers to review a copy of the ebook, so of course I signed up :-)

Now, you might wonder why you need to purchase an ebook when you get all the information for free if you sign up for daily emails, but that's just it - you get them 'daily'. Jennifer realized that some readers might want to have all the steps laid out in front of them so they could 'read ahead'. Yup, I'm definitely one of those people. Half the fun leading up to Christmas is planning ahead, so this is very much my kind of read. In fact it's perfect 'bed time' reading for me.

Each day gives you a challenge, anything from setting a Christmas budget, to getting out your Fall decor and decorating your house. I love that each day has a title too:
94 days to Christmas: Shop-from-home-day. Window shop (online, or in the catalogs) in your jammies - gotta love that!
89 days to Chrismas - Christmas card consideration.  I love this one, I seem to get less and less cards each year, but still send the same amount out? I'll be reviewing my list this year!!

Now of course, I won't be doing every challenge, but I will be reading it, several times over I'm sure. Another great feature of the ebook is lots of helpful links to calendars, charts and lists that you can print out and use from ListPlanIt.

100 Days to Christmas Ebook is availabe in 3 formats, Kindle, Nook or PDF, from August 25th for $4.99
To see a sample page from the book click on over to the website  HERE
Don't forget to check out their Facebook Page too.

100 + days  . . . . and counting!  :-)

6 comments:

Melissa Miller said...

No way. Wow, that goes by so fast!

CaroleM said...

Nice review, and nice blog! It's a pleasure to meet you Denise!

Richella Parham said...

Oh, Denise, you're so organized! This sounds like a great ebook--and the emails sound good, too, for those of us who aren't that great at planning ahead! Thanks for sharing this review with us!

Stephanie @ La Dolce Vita said...

You're entirely too organized for me! lol! I'm in denial that it is coming!
And I LOVE Christmas too, lol!

Darylynn said...

I always look forward to Christmas but we are finally just getting summer here in SoCal- and in a big way- it's in the 100's but you know all about that. :) The pinterest boards are fun! (((Hugz)))

sadie said...

I think it's something like 120, I follow Father Christmas on Twitter, so every now and then he tweets how close it's getting.

I love Pinterest. It's so addictive. I joined when Humbug had tonsilitis, and it kept me sane. I was able to sit with her and surf on Pinterest. It kept me occupied but close by, and gave me a break from the worry.

Thanks for stopping by. Yes, been blogging pretty much non stop for the past three months or so. It started as a challenge to see if I could blog for an entire month, which I did. Now it's a bit of a habit, and was only stopped when the net connection vanished for a week or so. I gave up saying that I was back as I'd told so many people but few seemed to be interested that I just gave up. If they visit then that's nice, if not, then well, I'm still writing. It's a record for myself if nothing else.

Right got to go. Been pouring all morning and I've baked an apple pie (pic on Twitter). Am I making you homesick yet?!
x