Wednesday, December 19, 2012

A White Christmas - perhaps!

We are getting snow today, one week before Christmas :) We may actually see a white Christmas for our first year in Colorado. It's snowing as I type this. Thought I'd take a few pictures from the windows and share them with you....

This is the view I see above the computer screen as I look out the front on to the driveway.

To the left of me is the front porch. It's windy so the snow is blowing around as it's very light and dry. 

The driveway is getting a good covering.

This is the main deck out the back, the snow hasn't settled here much either, because of the wind.
 
A close up of the view from this deck

This is the deck on the other side of the house, with a view of our two big pine trees.
 They look so Christmasy when the snow is on them.


And a few pictures taken inside this morning.

 We can't hang our stockings on the fireplace, so I've put them here behind the sofa, on the kitchen counter

Are you all ready for Christmas? I think we are!!

6 comments:

Kimberly said...

I love all the windows in your home. Its so pretty!

Happy Holidays.

Cathy said...

Every picture you have posted of the views outside your windows have been breath-taking!! It doesn't matter whether green, fall, rain, snow...it's gorgeous. Think I'm having 'view out the window' envy. Merry Christmas!

Stephanie @ La Dolce Vita said...

There's something about a white Christmas, isn't there? and you have a much better chance than you did in Texas, for sure! Hope your holidays are wonderful!

Nenna said...

Hi Neicey your pics look great you know I don't like snow but think I could live with those wonderful views. I don't think we are getting a white christmas and when I've looked out this morning it's heavy rain and wind. Not long now will ring you at the weekend. Love and miss you Nenna xxxxxxx

sadie said...

thanks for the visit and kind comment :O)

your home looks lovely, and oh, snow for Christmas. If today is anything to go by, looks like we are in for a rainy one. Oh well, at least it wont' be sunshiney, that's just wrong!

your home looks lovely xx

Darylynn said...

Hi Denise! Thanks for visiting! What a contrast in views between your last post and the previous one. Snow sure can make everything look magical! I hope you snow stay for your first Christmas in your new home. Merry Christmas! :)