Yes, I know it's been forever since I updated in here, and that's partly due to the fact the weather has been so nice lately that we've started making the effort to get outside and clear up our back yard. Remember last year when Jason tried his hand at growing veggies but the organic soil we bought was no good.... well the beds just went to waste and Jason lost all interest in doing anything out there.
Until a few weeks ago. We found a local gardener on line that specialized in helping suburbia bring a little farming to thier back yards. We had his crew come out and clean up all the veggie beds for us and re-do the sprinkler system so the beds and fruit trees get watered better.
Here's a few photos of the changes so far.... this first picture is taken from the upstairs gameroom (through the closed window). You can see the beds are all full of weeds, and look, we even have fence panels that have fallen down from the high winds we had!
next picture.... here are the beds, all cleared out with mulch in between them now, so it's not so muddy to walk on out there after we've had rain. The two beds at the top right have had hay put on them, this will keep the soil moist and stop the weeds from growing up and I've already planted some tomato plants and peppers in there that I bought from the store. You can see the other bales of hay that we haven't used yet. We won't need to use them until the seeds we've planted start growing.
below is just another view of the beds....
Over the weekend Kristen and I painted some cute signs for the veggies. I told Jason I need to make it look as inviting as possible otherwise I'll lose interest in going out there!

So that's what we've been busy doing over the past couple of weekends. Yesterday we also added plants and mulch to the flower beds out back. I'll take pictures of that later this week.Tomorrow is my pending 'nasal surgery'. I just went to the hospital this morning to get blood work taken, and I also had to have a chest xray and an EKG! Everything looks good and my surgery is at 9.30am. I'll update how I am as soon as I can, but it may not be until the end of the week. Until next time...
9 comments:
Those are cute sings in your garden. I will be praying for you Denise. Hugs
Can't wait to see your garden in person in a few weeks!! You guys did a great job on your signs.
I'll be praying for your surgery, as you know! You take it easy when you get home!
Love you xo
Praying your surgery goes well sweetie. I'm sure it will, and you'll feel like a new woman in no time. I'll be back to check on how you're doing. You take care now.
Lots of love. xx
You are in my prayers this morning sweetie. Please let me know how you are just as soon as you can. Love ya! xo
Just thinking about you! Hopefully you are already done and recovery has begun! Take care!!
Love the garden! It'll be fun to see pictures several weeks from now when there's lots of green out there!! : )
I'm back again sweets....tis the next morning for me. Praying for you lots. Each new day will make a difference and I'm pleased it's all behind you at last. Praying you can sleep well tonight. Lots of get well hugs. Lots of love, me. xx
mwah xxxx
Yes, I will be praying for you too. It is nice that you have been outside and keeping busy with fun things. HUGs
Just checking on you sweetie. My prayers for a fast recovery and for healing continue. You are loved. xx
Post a Comment