Saturday, May 9, 2009

This is the hard part....

... the down time! the feeling like an invalid cos you can't get your head off the pillow time, the wanting to get out of bed, but your body doesn't have the energy time, the knowing that your loved ones aren't being looked after the way you want time! This is the hard part!

I had my surgery 4 days ago now, and the day after I came home from the hospital I felt great. I got up and took Kristen to school, and even took myself off to the ENT for my appointment. I thought I was fine, I thought I was 'back to normal' already. But it all went down hill later that afternoon. Since then I've practically layed in bed resting my head back as much as I can, because when I get up and walk around it feels like it's going to drop right off my shoulders! It's a horrible feeling, it's annoying... and frustrating... and just about everything else you can think of when you don't want to be stuck in bed doing nothing!!!

I feel like a petulant child who can't do what she wants :-p And I feel like stomping my feet because I can't get my way. Not that anyone else is doing the things I can't mind you! that's half the reason I get so annoyed when I can't take care of things, because it doesn't get done. I know it's petty stuff, it's stuff that will wait til I get better, but I don't want it to wait.. I don't want the laundry piling up until there's nothing left in the drawers to wear! I don't want the dishes piling up in the sink because the dishwasher is still full and needs emptying! I don't want to remind someone the dog needs feeding, or the hamster needs cleaning...... I JUST WANT TO DO IT ALL!

But I can't, and so I wait. Wait to feel better, and just let my body do what it needs to do to get back to 'normal'!

It's Mother's Day tomorrow! I thought I might make it over to my inlaws but I don't think that is on the cards now. I think I will postpone the day until next week when hopefully I can celebrate more fully?

Happy Mothers Day to all. Have a blessed day with your families.


4 comments:

Sue said...

Aw Sweetie! I am so sorry that you are feeling so yucky. I really wish I was there to look after you.

Perhaps Kiki is old enough to learn how to unload the dishwasher and could ask her Daddy to help her put them away.

We'll be praying for you this weekend Sweetie!!

Love you xo

Denise said...

Kiki is certainly old enough to unload the dishwasher but she can't reach the high cupboards to put the stuff away... I'm sure Daddy could help too! And it might happen, it's just usually I get to it before they even think to :-/

Susan said...

Hi Denise, I know you want to do things, but you need to heal first. It is ok to ask for help.
Happy Mother's Day!

Kacy said...

Awwwwwwwwww honey, if there is anyone that understands, you KNOW girl it's ME!! 2 months worth of throwing fits in my mind because I can't be the mama I want to be. Can't get up, can't run around, can't cook, and certainly can't SHOP! HA HA HA! You just take those precious days to recover. Seriously, it is only but a short time in reality! It's been a struggle to just let my body recover and do it's thing. Praise God he made us the way he did and it's amazing what our bodies can do. I hope you are feeling better today and was pampered!

I loved the hospital stay too! The doctor even let me stay one extra day at the hospital because I knew it was best for me with all the pain.

Anywho...thanks for visiting me again! :D I hope your Mother's Day was special!

Hugs and love,
Kacy