Thursday, June 4, 2009

3 days and counting....

Seriously, I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas, waiting for my sister and bil to arrive. I can't believe they'll be here in just 4 days. Monday seems so far away, like it'll never get here, but we all know how quickly the weekends usually go, so it won't be long now!

In the meantime, we have the last day of school to look forward to :-) Yesterday I went to Kristen's 'award ceremony'. We're so proud of our Kiki. This year she made the Honor Roll, achieving ALL A's in her tests (which doesn't start until the 2nd grade). I thought the honor roll was when you got just all A's, but they also had an A and B Honor Roll?! Kristen also got an award for 100% attendance this year, which is pretty rare considering a lot of kids get sick during the winter time. And she got an award for 'Concern For Others', one of the school's ethical principles (as did all the kids, for different reasons of course).

Here she is with her certificates (looks like she only has one cos she held them all together!)....

and with her teacher Mrs. Cochran....


6 comments:

Julie said...

ell done to Kiki, you must be so proud!

How exciting....Monday is nearly here for you, just a few more days. How long is their flight?

I need to update my blog too, but have just been doing regular things that are pretty boring to read about so rather than bore everyone to tears, I haven't bothered to update. With FB, we get to chat to lots of blogging buds there too so I've been tending to do that, but your visits are always welcome and I'm always interested to hear what's happening for you.

I'm off to do some baking and cleaning for the weekend....it's a 3 day weekend too yay!!!! You have a great one too.

Lots of love 'n hugs, Julie xooxox

Susan said...

Congratulations to KiKi! I bet you are excited to see your sister. I am happy for you Denise. Hugs

Darylynn said...

Hi Denise! Congrats to Kiki for being a star student! You deserve to be proud of her- brains and beauty! How fun about your sister & BIL coming! You'll have to feed them some SW cuisine and Texas BBQ! ;) (((Hugz)))

Sue said...

Yay Kiki!!! We're so proud of you! It was so much fun getting to spend time with you last week and I am going through some major Schulz family withdrawal this week! Can't wait to hear all about what you & your sis did this week!

Love & Hugs & WOOHOO Kristen - way to go!!
xo

Honeycombs said...

Wow Well done Kristen. His sis, hope you're enjoying nenna and horhays visit, Hugs and kisses to you all. Phoned mam yesterday, Michael is doing OK, will be in hosp for a week she thinks but he's been up and about although tired out when walking along hosp corridor. Love n hugs xxxx

nenna said...

hello denise love you loads xxxxxx