Sunday, February 28, 2010

A belated Valentine

I promised Kristen we would celebrate Valentine's Day when I got home from England, she was rather sad when she realized I wouldn't be home for that day. We have a little tradition where I make something yummy for dinner and then make fondue for afterwards (we really only started it last year, but it's something I'd like to do for a long time to come). So yesterday was the day!

Last year I made heart-shaped meatballs with spaghetti and then did chocolate fondue. I asked Kristen what we should do this year and she had the wonderful idea of making heart-shaped pizzas with heart-shaped pepperoni :-) So we did just that. . . . . first I set the table just a little (we didn't need cutlery for pizza!)


then we used some Pilsbury pizza dough to make our heart shapes (sort of) and covered them with sauce, cheese and pepperoni. . . .

and here's one fresh out of the oven. . . .


Kristen wanted to get even more creative, so she made this pizza to look like a 'wolf'! The funny thing was, when he came out of the oven she didn't want to eat him because he was her 'friend', so she had some of the other pizza (he's actually still in the fridge and I'm trying to talk her in to having him for supper or he'll just end up in the trash!)

Flowers for Grandma (my mom-in-law came over to celebrate with us) . . .

and I was spoiled by hubby with this beautiful heart necklace. . . .

of course you want to see a close up -

One thing I hadn't had a chance to mention on here.... the very first night I got home from England Kristen surprised me with her own valentine present. . . . 'Winnie the Pooh earrings'!

Aren't they the cutest thing... and you know where she got them? Ebay! She went searching on there one night looking for 'pooh' stuff because she knows how much I like him. She saw these and told me "they were only 99c, so I asked Daddy to help me bid on them and I WON" :-) I just love them

We had Mimosas and then finished the night off with our favorite.... fondue.


It was a lovely afternoon and evening. Oh, and Kristen's treat... a new little puppy and the CD from Alvin and the Chipmunks 'The Squeakqual' which she was thrilled with!

and finally a pic of my 'cute boys' :-)



7 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello. Fellow Texas Blogging Gal member here to let you know about a giveaway of my Snail Mail Notes. Notecards include Texas themes. You can see giveaway details at http://lonestarlifer.wordpress.com/2010/02/28/snail-mail-notes-giveaway/ and see my notes at www.snailmailnotes.com.

LoneStarLifer
Paula

Melanie said...

What a sweet party. I think the pooh earrings are so thoughtful of Kiki. You know that she missed you when she is asking her daddy to help her bid on them;)

The fondue sounds yummy. We have never had that but when I loose my 3 lbs. we might have to try it. Welcome home.

Pamela said...

What a great idea! I need to do the pizzas with my boys. They would love it!

Joyce said...

Your table looks lovely. We did fondue at Christmas when my girls were home for break and it was such a fun evening. We did cheese and then chocolate-both were really good!

Melissa Miller said...

~AH! Denise that is the cutest thing ever. How sweet of her to get you the precious earrings. Adorable! Love your gorgeous table too. Great display! :)

Darylynn said...

Hi Denise! Glad you had your little Valentine party- the heart pizzas are cute and so is the wolf! :) That's the cutest about Kiki searching on ebay for your Pooh earrings. She got a bargain, too- a girl after my own heart!

Jeff could've retired after 20 years but he's been on for almost 35, I think. He loves it that much! Was at the Playboy Mansion again over the weekend! Funny stories! Maybe I'll write about hat tomorrow. ;) Hope you're feeling better! (((Hugz)))

Julie said...

Hey my sweet friend, how are you feeling. How's that ear of yours and everything? Hope you're feeling much better.

Yay for you...and how very sweet of Kiki to make her wolf and then he became her friend so she couldn't eat him. ;) So cute. Love the earrings she bought you...how nice of her to do that for her mommy and get dad in on the act...you're training her to be kind and think of others, you're doing a great job of parenting.

Keeping your sweet mam in my prayers. Is there any change? Leaving you big hugs and lots of love, me xoxoox