Thursday, July 23, 2009

Blog Hop 09


Hi there, if you're just 'hopping in' from Robin's blog I'd like to say welcome. I just came across Blog Hop o9 this evening and because I've just started blogging on a regular basis again I thought it might be fun to join in. A few months ago I was barely blogging once a week (I was more obsessed with Facebook) but I seem to have the urge again to blog and I'm also having fun finding new blogs to visit.

My post from earlier today is rather long so I'll make this one short and sweet. My name is Denise and I'm a 45 yr old SAHM to one pretty princess (8 yrs) and a feisty Shih Tzu named Boo! I live near Austin, TX but was 'born and bred' in the North of England. I've lived in the US for 11 years with my hubby (who is from CA), the last 5 being here in Texas. I keep this blog going mainly for my sisters back home and for the wonderful bloggy friends I have made in the past 8 years or so. I'm always up for making more friends, so if you would like to leave a comment to say you dropped by, I'd love to return the visit.

37 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there!! I just found the Blog Hop tonight, too. I'm getting around to meeting all the other "3's"! Nice to meet you :-)

Stacey @ Tree, Root, and Twig said...

Hello from the BlogHop! I'm not far from you - I live just west of Houston. Nice to meet a "neighbor." :) I'm not a native Texan, either. Born and raised in California, but lived in Oregon with my family for the last 16 years. I miss the West Coast! I understand what you are saying about the urge to blog sort of waxing and waning. I definitely have periods where I'm just not into it. But I'm glad you're back to blogging - just in time to meet you and follow from here! Great to meet you - have fun with the Hop.

The Savvy Mama said...

Hi Denise! It's always nice to meet other Christian mamas! :) Have fun at the BlogHop!

Amy Bennett said...

Hi! Just have to say I was shocked to read you are 45. You look much younger :)

Jana said...

Hey there! I am just a blog hopping! Great to meet you!

Dianne - Bunny Trails said...

Hi, Denise! Great to meet you! I am impressed that you're already prepping for Christmas! Wish I were so organized.

Happy hopping!! :D

Hyla said...

Hello Denise!!! Off to explore your posts!

Unknown said...

Nice to meet you! Blogging is an awesome release for me....and I can't figure out facebook for the life of me lol..

Lisa B @ simply His said...

Born near England? I'd love to hear you talk -- though you'd probably have trouble understanding me. Unless you've learned to speak Southern Country Redneck :D

Ok, maybe not that bad, but I do have a southern drawl. Guess that's why it's good we blog -- at least I spell decent except for ya'll ;)

Owlhaven said...

HI! Thanks for stopping by my place during your blog-hopping. I love that you are thinking about Christmas already-- I haven't had time, but oh, do I love Christmas preparations.

All the best
Mary, mom to many
author, Family Feasts for $75 a Week

Cindy (@MomMaven) said...

Hi! I'm hopping on over with the blog hop. Having fun finding new blogs to visit.

Muthering Heights said...

Hello! It's very nice to meet you! :)

Mommie Daze said...

Hi there! Stopping by on the BlogHop. Nice to meet you!

elizabeth said...

Hello from a fellow Texan! I started blogging so that extended family could keep up with us, then I discovered that I really enjoy it all. Now if I could just find more hours in my day.... :)

katylinvw said...

nice to meet you via BlogHop! :) thanks for stopping by! i can't wait to read your holiday projects post (above!) :)

Unknown said...

Returning the visit!

Thanks for visiting me in N Ireland and lovely to meet you :)

Tassi said...

Welcome back to the blogosphere! Love your Hobby Lobby finds!

Mel said...

Isn't it funny how the blog starts as a way to keep up to date the distant relatives, but then you get sucked in to the community of mommy bloggers. Gotta love it! I'm glad I stopped by from the Blog Hop! Party on.

Muthering Heights said...

I'm popping in from the Blog Hop. It's nice to meet you!

Sue said...

Whoa... there is barely any room for me in here tonight D! Look at you making gobs of new pals ~ way to go... but don't forget about your old ones - hee hee

Love ya xo

Erin @ Closing Time said...

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! I enjoyed reading your post and looking around your blog a little bit. It's great you can keep your family up to date on your life via your blog. I know they must love that. My husband is from Australia, so we can relate to having family far away!

Anonymous said...

Stopping by from BlogHop! Love your craft-i-ness! Hope you have time to stop by my blog.

lynette355 said...

glad you finally made it to Texas
i am also in central texas not too terrible far from austin
hope to be bop with the blog hop with cha

Beth M said...

Coming over from Blog Hop! Love your crafty post!

JennyMac said...

Another visit from BH09. Nice to "meet" you!

Nancy M. said...

Hey! Nice to meet you! I'm a stay at home Christian mom to 2 boys.

Kat said...

I don't understand that or I would try it. I was over to their blog and I don't have a clue what they are talking about girl. Glad you figured it out you got them all over here! Hugs

Heather said...

Happy Hopping! I love that you are trying to get ahead of the Christmas game...that and Hallowe'en have been on my mind lately...I know...it's strange but true!!!

Heather

Stacie said...

Nice to meet you. I bet England is a beautiful place. One place I would love to visit! Stopping by from the blog hop to say hello.

Andrea Hatfield said...

Hello. Nice to meet you! I would love it if you came by my blog to say hello.

http://www.moodymamasays.com/2009/07/23/top-10-reasons-i-am-excited-to-stay-home-with-my-family-this-coming-weekend/

TwentySomethingMomma said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

I've been having a blast getting to know other mom-bloggers via the Blog Hop and find it fascinating that we come from all different walks of life. It's great to have "met" you! =)

Your daughter is adorable, by the way, and looks so much like you!

Clueless_Mama said...

Hi Denise. It is very nice to meet you. I love your little girls picture! Tell her to keep up the good work. I would love to get to know you better. Hope to cross paths again.

Maria@Conversations with Moms said...

Thanks for visiting my blog.

I love the layout of your blog. It's great that you write your blog to keep your sisters up to date on what's happening and of course to make friends.

Pricousins said...

Hi there Denise! just hopping along the blog hop!

Anonymous said...

Hopping by...Love making new bloggy friends, too. Texas is probably pretty hot this time of year...I am in PA...and it seems we are having a perpetual spring..only been a couple hot, non-rainy days. Hope you are having a great weekend. It is good to meet you.

Emily said...

Thanks for coming by my place! It's nice to meet ya!

MrsAshley said...

I am hop-ing over to you from BlogHop'09, I am #311. I was busy this weekend so I'm a little behind. It is so nice to meet you! I love your blog, I'll have to stop back again sometime.

Be sure to Hop on over to my place and check out my 30+ giveaways (with a new one added daily) and to spread the BlogHop'09 Love!

Ashley
Beauty4Moms
http://Beauty4Moms.blogspot.com