Thursday, October 15, 2009

This little girl. . . .

This little girl turns 60 today!
Here she is with her Daddy, probably not even 6 months old :-)

This little girl is the proud Mamma of one sweet little boy, who grew in to an amazing man, who is now a paramedic.

This little girl is a grandma to 3 beautiful little kiddies, Ben, Thomas and Olivia . . . .

This little girl is the oldest of 6 kids, the precious first born of Edgar and Ethel Rodgers . . . .


This little girl can remember holding me in her arms when I fell out of a pushchair(stroller) being pushed too fast by my big brother! She cried along with me and held me close . . . .

This little girl would sit and talk to me for hours on my bed when I was in a mood, or sad, or upset, always making me feel better with her words of wisdom . . . .

This little girl loves her Saviour Jesus Christ and told me all about Him, planting a seed in me that has brought me where I am today in my faith . . . .

This little girl is still a little girl at heart . . . .


This little girl is 14 years older than me, this little girl is my big sister . . . .

I love this little girl . . . . . and I miss this little girl SO much.   I wish I could be with her today and celebrate 60 wonderful years. 

To the BESTEST BIG SIS in the whole wide world. . . . I LOVE YOU! 
Happy Birthday Jean :-)




10 comments:

Richella Parham said...

I love this post, Denise. One of my sisters reads my blog (the other doesn't use a computer at all--for anything!). You've inspired me to wish my sis a happy birthday from my blog, because I so enjoyed reading about your sister!

Jean sounds like a jewel. Is she in England?

Hope you have a great day!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Happy Birthday to your sister. Great post. Hugs, Marty

Deanna said...

Sisters can sure be a great blessing to us!
God bless you both,
d

Honeycombs said...

Well that did it. This little girl is crying :o) Happy tears that have stayed in all day. It has been a lovely day, much better than I ever imagined with banners put up at work, the kids at school stopping by the office and saying happy birthday, the cards, presents, truly beautiful flowers from a truly beautiful little girl in Texas (I'll post a pic might be next week tho). Marc and Sam came by with Olivia when I was at work, Ben and Tom with Marc, Sam and Olivia all at my house tonight where we had a great time and ate MacDonalds, kids love it and me too, we'll celebrate again when Mam, Nenna and Horhay are down and just as they were leaving Marc whispered - go check out Auntie Denise's blog .... thank you so much for the flowers and for this truly special blog li'l sis it means a lot ... and the tears flowed. Miss you and love you sooooo much xxxxx

Darylynn said...

What a sweet tribute post, Denise. You had me scrolling down fast to get to the punchline! ;) Wondering who that little gitrl is! :D Hapy Birthday to your big Sis Jean.... another Libra and very close to you then on the 18th! :) (((Hugz)))

Pam said...

Hi Denise! What a sweet post you make for your sister!! Oh my goodness, bless your heart Denise!

Love you!
xxx

Sue said...

What a sweet post to a sweet sister from a sweet sister! I'll pop over to Jean's to wish her Happy Bday too!

Your mom looks like Princess Elizabeth (Queen Elizabeth) in her wedding photo. WOW! Are you from royalty? ;-)

Love you xo

Susan said...

That was such a nice tribue Denise. I loved the pictures! I hope you get to see her again soon! Hugs

Charlene said...

Great Post!

Judy said...

Denise, What a lovely, heartfelt tribute to your sister! It had me in tears. How very blessed she is to call you 'sister', how blessed you are too. This post was fantastic! Love you!