Mam is feeling a little better after the blood transfusion she got the other night. The Drs still haven't gotten her blood right but my sister is hoping they release her at the weekend, which I think means they are getting close to sorting it out - hopefully Mam will be home soon, especially before Christmas. Thank you for your continued prayers.
There's a lot of 'Christmasy Home Tours' going on around blogland this week. Unfortunately I just don't have the time to join in.... I did try and take some pictures the other night around the house so you can see a little decor, but a lot of them turned out blurry. I was trying not to use the flash and just used the camera on 'night' setting.... anyway, here's a few.
The table is already set for Christmas dinner... you can see my Christmas Crackers at each setting:

I finally moved the black buffet in to the dining room, and remember the 'Ballard Inspired' shelf I was going to make from Traci's blog? Well that was done some weeks ago (I didn't take pics) and Jason hung it a couple of weeks ago for me. Right now I have all my hand painted Santas on it....

In the hallway I replaced the 'buffet' with this small table from Ikea... and it has my hand painted (by me) nativity set on it. The table is too small to hold all of it so I had to put the wise men and camels underneath...
Here's a close up with the flash on so you can see the figures...
The stockings were hung....
This year I put up a stocking for Jason and I too, this is a first, usually it's just Kristen hanging her stocking, and a small one for Boo, but I told Jason he needs to buy a little something to put in mine as I've got him a few little goodies to go in his. My new 'tradition' is that we'll wait til Christmas morning to open our stockings with Kristen. Jason's family tradition is to open ALL gifts on Christmas Eve, and on Christmas moring the kids get to open their gifts from Santa! I haven't opened a Christmas gift on Christmas day in over 13 years!!! This year I will ;-)Here's a view from my front door looking in to the living/family room....
and the family room tree....
Hope you enjoyed the little tour :-)
11 comments:
I'm glad the news is good about your Mum :o) Here's hoping she's home at the weekend.
Loved the tour of your home. Looks very festive and cosy.
I've not opened many pressies on Christmas Day for a long time. No tradition responsible, I'm just a little ratbag who opens them at the earliest opportunity!! ha ha ha! So far, I've opened (and spent) the pressie from my MIL, opened the pressie from one of my SIL's, and was present when Bill purchased goodies from Chanel - he wanted me there to make sure he got the right things. So no surprises for me this year, but that's the way I like it!
xx
Hi Denise! Hope your mom is doing well. Jeff's mom has a pacemaker now, too, and she's always going in to have her blood checked so she knows how much of the blood thinners to take. It's a delicate balance. Enjoyed you Christmas tour. I love opening presents on Christmas day. We open one on Christmas eve and then all the rest on Christmas day. We have our stocking tradition, too, where we all buy small gifts for each others stockings. (((Hugz)))
So glad to her Mam is feeling better after the transfusion! Your house is beautiful, Denise! Where did you get your plates on your table? They look like they have a red bird on them? Rudy and I have never done stockings either. ((BIG HUGS))
Denise your Christmas decor' and your home are just so gorgeous! Love your beautiful tree and the pretty tablescape. Stunning job!
I do hope and pray your Mom is better very soon.
Many blessings to you this season of joy! ~Melissa :)
Oops...I mean your Mam. I see her lovely photo now. :)
Sorry to hear about your Mom's health problems. I hope she will be doing and feeling better very soon!
Your home looks sooo warm and festive for the holidays!
Best wishes to you and your family for a happy and healthy holiday!
Hugs,
Sherri:)
So happy for the good news about your mam. I love the way you have decorated your home for the holidays, everything is so cozy & pretty. Merry Christmas, hugs
Everything looks so nice and Christmasy--your Christmas table looks lovely! I just love the crackers.
But oh! The Nativity set! Denise, did you really paint that yourself?? Wow.
I do hope Mam's situation will be all sorted out very soon. Bless you as you wait and pray for good results. We all join you.
Love,
Richella
Glad to hear your mum is doing better. Am thinking and praying for you and her.
Your home looks lovely. I do think you need to tell us a little more about the lovely nativity set "you painted". Details, details, please!
I love this time of year. Don't you just wish we could leave the decorations up all year. They look so beautiful. Your house is just gorgeous! I hope your Mam will get home soon! No one should have to spend Christmas in the hospital. She will be in my prayers as well. Happy Holidays!!
Good news about your Mum.
Love your nativity set - would be great if you could join in my Nativity Blog Hop - you would be most welcome!
Post a Comment