I did it myself! I mentioned on my Facebook page last week that I had made some yummy soup that had 0 points in it. Usually for lunch I will open a can of Progresso 'light' soup that has 0 or 1 pt per cup. I thought about making my own and looked on line for some recipes but the amount of ingredients in some of them just overwhelmed me! So, I thought I would try making my own with what I had on hand.
We used to shop at Costco a lot so I have a lot of canned foods on hand. This is what I 'threw' together to make this soup :2 cans fat free Vegetable broth
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can green beans
1 can garden peas
1 small onion diced
2 stalks celery chopped
2 large carrots diced (I actually used frozen carrots I had in the freezer that were from our garden).
Put all of the above ingredients in a pot and bring to a boil, lower the heat and simmer for 30-45 minutes. Until the fresh veggies are tender.
You can change up the veggies to suit your taste. If you're using canned veg check the label for point value (if you want to follow WW). I'm really the only one that eats this but I've already gone through one pot and made another one over the weekend. It's great for a quick lunch, and a perfect way for me to get extra vegetables :-)I'm linking this post to Tempt My Tummy Tuesday and also Do It Yourself Day at a Soft Place To Land.
And now a give-away....
A recent survey conducted for Old El Paso
Green Chiles found that the majority of
Americans will be gathering around the TV to watch the Big Game at home with friends and family on February 7, 2010.
Whether you´re planning a huge party or you´re just looking forward to kicking back at home with your friends and family, Old El Paso Green Chiles can help you spice up the festivities!
Old El Paso Green Chiles, which come in 4.5 and 7 oz cans, are a simple way to liven up your go-to favorites. Fat-free and with only 10 calories per serving, Green Chiles are not spicy, but will add a unique flavor to your dishes that the whole crowd will love!
Recently I was offered a chance to try out Old El Paso's green chilis and was sent a great 'Tackle The Taste' gift pack from Old El Paso through MyBlogSpark.com
I also have one Tackle The Taste Gift Pack to give away ..... the gift pack includes two free cans of Green Chiles, as well as a football-shaped ceramic serving platter, two sets of football-themed plates, cocktail napkins, and a themed table runner.You can also CLICK HERE for a coupon to save $0.55 on one can of Old El Paso Green Chiles
I'll make this super easy.... just leave a comment on this post and you will be entered in to the drawing. I will announce the winner on Sunday evening (Jan 24th). For an extra entry post about this give-away on your blog and make sure you leave a second comment to let me know.
18 comments:
I am not a soup girl but I do like my own homemade soup:) Mine isn't 0 ww. points but it is delish. Hope you are having a good day.
This looks so good, Den. I'll have to give it a try. I love experimenting with soups!
xoxo
Jane
Yum. I love soups. I could eat them year round!
Have a blessed week!
Hello Denise, I read about your yummy soup on Facebook so it's nice to read more about it here. I rarely do soup or use fresh vegetables. I don't do cans because they are too salty for me. I prefer to use either fresh or frozen vegetables. Whatever the way, veggies are always a good idea. Have a great day, hugs
I love homemade soups, thanks for sharing...I will definitely be making this!
I love soup and I love veggies, definitely going to try this!! It looks great!!!
Mmmm, looks yummy!...Christine
This looks like a delicious "cook from the pantry" meal. Thanks for sharing it...looks great!
Mmmm I could jump right in!!! lol I'm freezing today so it's definitely a soup day for me - I'll give this a try :)
This sounds fun! My husband and I both love the big football game and the plates are super cute! Also, the soup looks great. I love making soup using stuff I have on hand! Cute blog! Thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog!
The soup looks great! Thanks for the recipe and linking to TMTT.
The soup looks YUMMY!!
And how fun.. your doing a Giveaway!! Isn't it fun!!
What a fun giveaway! My boys would LOVE this. Well, I have to admit, I would love this, too! And thank you for the link to the coupon. Every little bit helps!
I love those green chilies! Can you believe I only recently discovered them?! Not sure what I thought they tasted like; I love mexican/spicy foods. I found they gave a nice flavor to my crock pot chili so I've made several pots since that discovery! LOL!!
Have a great day Niecey!
sounds fun....count me in on your giveaway! I love spicy and anything Mexican.....Thanks and have a nice weekend! Chris
Yum~ please count me in for your drawing.
You are inspiring me to get back on program!
Please count me in for your give a way. My son will love this!
I might be to late...but if I'm not please count me in!!
Post a Comment