I'm joining Necel at This Old House in Texas this week for 'Fur Friends Friday'. I just recently found Necel's blog from the Texas Blogging Gals list. I was intrigued with the 'Old House' she owns and her plans to one day restore it. This is only her second edition to FFF, why don't you hop on over, say hello and join in the fun . . . I for one would love to see pictures of your Furry Friends :-)As most of you know, we only have one pet right now (the hamster doesn't really count!) so I thought I would show you a few snapshots of Boo when he first came to live with us. We bought Boo from a local Shih Tzu breeder back in 2005. He was born in September of that year and we actually got to bring him home with us the day before Thanksgiving when he was about 9 weeks old and just a couple of days before Kristen's 5th birthday.
This picture below was one we took while Boo was still with the breeder. We went to see him a couple of times before we brought him home. Kristen was always so excited to see him.
well in need of a hair cut wouldn't you say (and yes I say hair because Shih Tzu's do indeed have hair and not fur - AND they don't shed) :-)
And look how his coloring changed in such a short time, he looks pretty well camouflaged amongst that dead winter grass!We were told he would probably need his first grooming around 6 months old, what a difference when I finally did take him in to Petsmart a few months later. . .


So, that's our little Boo Hau (pronounced 'How). Next week I'll tell you what his name means and what other names he goes by ;-)It's forecast to be 74 and partly cloudy today. I'm hoping to get out in the yard for a bit before rain and thunder showers hit tomorrow. Hope you all have a great Friday.
12 comments:
Denise. . . that photo of puppy Boo and Kristen. . . could it be any cuter? Of either one of them?? That's a heart-melter, for sure!
Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
Boo is a cutie and your Kristen is such a beautiful little girl! Those eyes!
Yes, Boo looks dramatically different with a haircut. And it's not fur?? Wow! I'm looking forward to how you came upon his name.
It seems everyone in Blogland is expecting rain tomorrow. How can that be? Sort of funny!
xoxo
Jane
Hi Denise! Boo is so adorable! Yorkies do not shed either, I am so glad of that! Rain here tomorrow too and cold again. So glad I haven't put any plants out yet. Have a great weekend! ((BIG HUGS))
Cute as he can be! And they are such nice dogs, too!
have a lovely weekend :o) xx
p.s just rereading your Boo Story, do you mean 2005? I was getting really confused then, maths isn't my strong point!! And I'm easily confused. I found myself writing 2008 last week, have no idea why!!!:o) xx
Boo is so cute... reminds me so much of my mother-in-law's, Biscuit. I always think he looks like a stuffed bear.
Thank you sooo much for linking and for the nice intro about FFF. That is so kind of you.
Blessings,
Necel from the Old House in Texas
He was such a cute puppy. His haircut turned him into a big dog. Your daughter and he look so sweet together. Thanks for sharing.
Hi Denise! Boo is so adorable! Wow - how Kristen has grown since that picture with him! Hope you have a wonderful weekend Denise, & have great weather. Hugs!
Boo Hau is such a cutie!
I love your blog's spring look.
Jane
Such a precious pup!
He is SO cute. We love our furry friends!
Post a Comment