Hi there, before I start this post I just wanted to let you all know my sweet little Mam is in hospital yet again :( My sister called yesterday and it’s the same gallstone trouble, Mam was in a lot of pain and had to be admitted. I got word this mornign though that she had had a comfortable night, they are getting the pain under control and we’re hoping she is sent home pretty soon. I hope so, we don’t want her in the hospital for any length of time. She really doesn’t fare well in there and seems to end up much weaker by the time she comes out. I’ll keep you all posted and would appreciate your prayers for a quick recovery for her.
So I promised you an inside tour of our home for Christmas , some of the photos are not that great, but I’ll share with you what I have. . . come on in,
As you saw in my last post, this is the view as you walk in the door. You can see a blurry Boo walking towards me and shoes left on the stairs…. but ignore those little things!
Instead look at the nativity in the hallway - if you can see it, the lighting isn’t too good. I haven’t put Christmas lights up around it yet!
That’s a little better, but you get me in the mirror too!
As you look to your right you’ll see the dining room. It’s just a small room so there’s not much I can do in there. I haven’t set a Christmas table this year because there will just be the 3 of us again for dinner so we might just eat in the kitchen.
I put a tree up in this room for the first time last year because I wanted to see one from the front window. our main tree is in the living room.
I still feel I need a little something under the shelf (now that I took the black buffet away), perhaps a little cocktail bar?
Garland up the stairs.
My bow making is getting better ;-)
Trying to get a good shot of the mantel is always tricky!
Taking close up shots of it seems much easier.
Santa and garland on top of the tv/entertainment unit.
Some very special ornaments. . . I made the pom pom robin when I was about 8 or 9 yrs old I think. It sat on my Mam and Dads tree for many years, Dad would sit him at the bottom of our little tree (which was so small it actually fit in the base of an old can of paint with sand in to keep it standing! Then after my Dad passed I asked my Mam for an ornament from their tree that I could hang every year, and she sent me him… I nearly cried when I opened the package.
I love the red telephone box, a simple reminder of home.
A special ‘first’ ornament for Kristen from Grandma, I hope she keeps this forever. The bauble is glass so I’m always worried it might break one year!
When I get a better shot at the tree you’ll see these little guys climbing the ladder. There are 4 little elves, I got this at a craft fair one year in Maryland, you could have it personalized with your names, ours say Jason, Denise, Kristen and Chewy (that was the dog we had at the time).
I still haven’t gotten round to putting ‘seasonal’ pictures in my wall frames!
So there ya go! Picture overload, but I know my sister will love it ;-) I hope you enjoyed it too. I will work on getting some better shots of the tree and the full room, and I still have Kristen’s bedroom to share with you.
Have a wonderful start to your week. There’s lots to be done around here so I should jump off and go get started with it all. One last trip to the post office today, then housework and gift wrapping on the agenda. What are you up to?
I’m linking to Susan’s ‘Deck the Halls’ Party. Click on the picture above to see lots of Christmasy tours.
Denise
19 comments:
It all looks beautiful! I love the tree the most because of your ornaments. Our tree is the same way....ornaments that mean something to us. I do a traditional tree and love it.
Can't wait to see the elves. That looks cute. Love the telly booth too:) Great job. Hope you are feeling better.
I will be praying for your mom too!
They have to get that gallbladder out or she will always have pain and it will get to the point she won't be able to eat without pain. Love you
Everything looks so beautiful. I especially love the garland up the stairs. Enjoyed looking & seeing the way you decorate for Christmas.
It looks great! and we'll keep your mom in our prayers.
everything looks so pretty! just back from the post office myself where I walked in and walked back out!! LOL
Hi Denise,
I'm sorry to hear about your mom, she will be in my thoughts and prayers. Keep us updated on how she is doing, ok? ((Hugs))
Your home looks beautiful. You can tell a lot of love went into each room. I love your nativity, very nice. I have mine out, but I've been having trouble knowing how to display it pretty. I can't wait to see Kristen's room. I will be sharing my girl's room this week too!
Thanks for sharing....a lovely job, Denise! =) ~Liz
How pretty your home look! I love all the lights and beautiful vignettes. How sweet to have your little robin ornament! I still have some favorites on my father's tree!
I am sending prayers out for your sweet mother and hoping you have a good week.
XO,
Jane
Very pretty and festive Denise. Your mantel looks gorgeous!
I hope she feels better very soon.
Have a good week.
~Melissa :)
Thank you for the tour, Denise! Everything looks so festive!
I think a little cocktail bar in your dining room would be great--a good spot for you and your neighbor to continue your fun Friday nights.
I just love your phone booth ornament, but most of all I love the ornament you made when you were a girl. So precious!
I pray that your Mam will get to go home VERY soon--i know you worry about her being in hospital. May she be up and about very quickly!
Denise~
You have a beautiful home and lovely Christmas decorations.
Thanks for taking us on this little tour.
Blessings
Wow, you did a lot of decorating. It's so nice you have lights on the railing in in the window - I got nuthin' :).
Your house is beautiful! I enjoyed the tour. The shoes on the stairs made me feel right at home! (Of course, I would have several pairs of shoes on my stairs.) Have a wonderful Christmas! Carla
Hi Denise! Your home looks beautiful and I love the garland going up the stairs. I think the shots of your mantel turned out very good. Hope you're staying warm :) ((BIG HUGS))
Denise your home is just beautiful at Christmas. I LOVE all of your decorations but your nativity scene is my favorite, it is just gorgeous!! Thanks for sharing your home with us!! Hope you have a great week.
Blessings,
Dana
Hi Denise, I really enjoyed the pictures. I got the same ribbon as you, the one on the stairs. I love the ornament story. I will need to get busy on my pictures. Take care. Hugs
Thank you for sharing your pictures. We are traveling far for the holidays and I debated how much to decorate. Time and work commitments determined it for me! We (actually my husband) decorate the outside and windows and together we decorated one tree and set up one nativity set. That is all we will do since our celebrations will be about 800 miles away.
So sorry to hear about your mum. Keeping her in my prayers.
It all looks lovely, Denise. I especially enjoyed hearing about your special ornaments. It's nice to have ones that mean a lot to you. I have Dylan and Kali ornaments along with ones for all the pets and it was a little sad hanging them up this year. I need to get a Cooper ornament. I think ?I may do a video tour of my decor because it seems to turn out better than the stills. And yes, the pets all get presents. :) (((Hugz)))
PS. Hope you mam will be well enough to come home soon.
I can just hear Bing Crosby playing in the background ... it all looks absolutely lovely! You've added such perfect touches of Christmas throughout ... the tree in the dining room ... the gorgeous garland on your mantel ... the sentimental ornaments and, of course, your ohsopretty garland on your banister (love your bow, too)! This is Christmas at its finest! Hugs, Becca
Post a Comment