Friday already? I mean.... Yay, it's Friday already :-) I just got back from the gym so I'm happy with myself. Although I would be happier if I'd made it more than twice this week. I went to my first Pilates class on Tuesday. Really enjoyed it but later that night my 'coccyx' (pronounced cock-six) was really sore. For those who are asking 'what on earth is your coccyx'? it's actually your tailbone. And I've had issues with mine (and my lower back) ever since I gave birth to Kristen. Just minutes after the birth I bruised (or cracked, not sure which and they never x-rayed me) my tailbone when I pushed up on the bed just to sit up straight. I heard a 'crunch' and oooh it didn't feel good. I knew I'd done some damage somehow! I couldn't sit straight down for 3 months, had to sit on one cheek or the other :-( Well anyway, I'm telling you all this to say that after the Pilates class my tailbone felt very bruised again that night and is still rather sore if I sit on a hard seat. I'm hoping it goes away by next Tuesday, which is the next class (actually there's one tonight at 5pm, but that's not a good time for me).
So, other than the gym, not much else going on around here. Went to Book Club last night and had a fun time as usual, although the book we just read was not so fun. I didn't enjoy it at all but I managed to get through it so I could join in with the discussion. The book was 'The Almost Moon, by Alice Sebold. I'll just say, it was not my kind of read. Next month's pick is The Red Tent which I shall start reading tonight.
We've had some lovely weather this week, yesterday it was 81 degrees here. Yes, I caved and had to put the a/c on! Today is a little overcast but still warm, and next week temps should stay in the 70's. Hard to believe when people elsewhere are still getting snow and having freezing cold temps! I must admit, I do love Texas for the winters ;-)
4 comments:
Hi Den, sorry about your coccyx, I hope it's nothing serious. We're having some warmer temperatures too, but it's not as warm as your area, probably because we're closer to the Gulf. Have a great weekend, hugs
I feel your pain. I damaged my coccyx years ago when I took to biking in to work each morning. It is ridiculously painful and takes ages to heal again. I hope your pain goes quickly.
It's getting late (for me), so I will keep this short and wish you a lovely weekend x
ooo I totally know where your 'cock-six' is lol.. I feel bottom down when I was on my skates when I was about 8.. I hear you with pain. But yeah pilates and yoga is supposed to really help, but like you child birth did nothing at all for my back and now I am just fearful of doing anything to put it out...
My cousin did yoga for a while and she swears its cures her back soooo maybe its a good thing...
The temerature has been warm today hitting 15, but here the weather is too up and down.. 1st of march is the firsst day of spring though and I totally love the spring..
Have a fabby day!!
Hi sugar!!! Hope your patootie is feeling better soon. What have you been knitting this week?
Post a Comment