Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Detox - Day 3

Is it Friday yet? I won't kid you that this is easy. I'm on day 3 of the Flat Belly 4-day detox and I could kill for some chocolate, or some bread... or just about anything else that you would normally eat!

Yesterday was a little harder than the first day although I did good yet again. Eating breakfast is fine, lunch is rather bland (seriously, who eats just canned tuna and steamed carrots for lunch?!) dinner was just ok, and after dinner.... well that's the killer. No snacking! I just kept sipping my sassy water but I must admit I did feel a little hungry after 7pm. My snack yesterday was a pineapple smoothie (just 4oz pineapple and 1 cup of skim milk) plus the flax oil you add to it. It did help to curb my appetite between 3 and 6 until I made dinner.

Today is day 3, and I'm half way through it. I can stick this out, I KNOW I can. I actually went to Starbucks today to have coffee with a friend and I had.... a bottle of water! I was so tempted by the eggnog latte, but was determined not to cave. I told myself I can have one next week when we meet up again. Today's menu is similar to Monday's but I will have the tilapia tonight instead of the turkey cutlet. The smoothie this afternoon is a peach one ;-)

So, one more day left of my detox then I promise I'll talk about something else, like Christmas :-)

5 comments:

Melissa Miller said...

You are doing great Denise! :)

Darylynn said...

What a time to start a diet, Denise! Good for you to be strong with all the holiday temptations! There really is no time like the present! :) Looks like you had a fun neighborhood get-together! Congrats on your new mixer!

I didn't post the "pro" Santa photos yet because they didn't scan well- they were really bright and glarey! I took a photo of them instead today and that was a little better.

(((Hugz)))

Sue said...

Are you not able to snack on fruit or something in the evening? Hope the days go quickly so you can get back to regular eating! I will need to cut carbs again when I get home because I am sure loading up on them this week! lol

Hugs xo

Elizabeth said...

Way to go Denise, this is tough, if I feel hungry & would like to snack after dinner, I brush my teeth, it does stop your craving & if you're hungry you won't be hungry anymore. I love herbs & use them all the time, they can make anything bland tasteful.
Good luck for your last day, hugs

sadie said...

you have a steely determination. I couldn't do it. even more so at this time of year!

Not long now!

:o)
x