Throughout the year I'm always conscious of my weight and I try to make healthy eating choices most of the time, I'm always trying to feed Kristen healthy things too, but a lot of the time I feel like I could do much better. We seem to get totally off track during the months of November and December, what with Kristen's birthday and Thanksgiving and then of course Christmas with all the yummy baking, and candy. But with the New Year approaching my resolve to get back to healthy eating kicks in full force. That's why I was happy to hear this week that General Mills announced a commitment to further reduce the sugar in their cereals. Jason and I want to cut way back on the sugar we have, and that means Kristen should too. One of the ways I like to start off my healthy living is to start with a healthy breakfast.

This week General Mills announced a commitment to further reduce sugar in cereals advertised to kids under 12 to single digit grams of sugar per serving. The company has already been reducing sugar in cereals while increasing key nutrients, such as calcium and vitamin D, and providing whole grain.
Did you know that ready-to-eat cereal eaters consume less fat, less cholesterol and more fiber than non-cereal eaters? Cereals also deliver important vitamins, minerals and other essential nutrients, making cereal a top source of key nutrients in children´s diets.
Other cereal benefits:
For more information about kids and cereals, please visit Cereal Health and Wellness.
Right now if you visit here you will find a $1 off coupon for one of four General Mills cereals.
I'd like to thank General Mills and MyBlogSpark for sending me complimentary coupons and allowing me to provide this information to you.
Did you know that ready-to-eat cereal eaters consume less fat, less cholesterol and more fiber than non-cereal eaters? Cereals also deliver important vitamins, minerals and other essential nutrients, making cereal a top source of key nutrients in children´s diets.
Other cereal benefits:
- Ready-to-eat cereals, including presweetened cereals, account for only 5% of sugar in children´s diets.
- Ready-to-eat cereal is the No. 1 source of whole grains in a child´s diet today.
- More frequent cereal eaters tend to have healthier body weights and lower Body Mass Index measures.
For more information about kids and cereals, please visit Cereal Health and Wellness.
Right now if you visit here you will find a $1 off coupon for one of four General Mills cereals.
I'd like to thank General Mills and MyBlogSpark for sending me complimentary coupons and allowing me to provide this information to you.
4 comments:
Wonderful approach to healthy eating Denise! Less sugar is the key for sure.
I'm down 35 pounds as of today!
8 more to go...~Woohoo! :)
Wow -- good to know! I've gained over the holidays and need to start thinking about cutting back (she says as she chews on just one more chocolate covered cherry ;-)
Blessings,
G
Great news!
Okay, but I want to know.... did you love your Milk Tray chocolates?
I found Cadbury Selection boxes at World Market and gave one to each of the kids (from santa - wink, wink) just like I used to get when i was little. Also found a box of Fox's Biscuit assortment with Jammy Dodgers, Custard Creams, Bourbons, Nice, and so much more. It helped to ease the homesickness.
I'm with you on getting health again in the New Year. Time for me to stop drinking soda again (I seem to have picked up the habit again this holiday) and drink water and lime again.
looks like a splendid Christmas Denise :O)
I always start thinking in earnest about my weight at the start of the year. I honestly think it's more of a scam to do less cooking!! Last year it was SBD experimenting, which Bill wasn't overly keen about. On CD I ordered a book 'bake me I'm yours' which is about baking fairy cakes and the like (wanted it for ages, but it's always out of stock when I look. On CD it was available), and another about petit fours. Ok, neither are about losing weight, but I thought if I am going to make cakes and biccies at any time, I want them to be lovely. The book I'm really looking forward to getting is the weightwatchers family cookbook. Giving ideas for 'normal' cooking, but with less fat and calories. I think by changing the way everyone in the house eats, basic eating habits will change for the better. So I approve of your family lifestyle changes! phew. That was long winded, but I wanted to say that I understand your thinking!
Thanks for stopping by today. We're off out for lunch today (will be having chicken Caesar salad, can't face anything heavy), as the MIL turns 85 today. cold here too, no snow at the moment, but it is possible again this week.
xx
Post a Comment