Thursday, February 7, 2008

How Hard Can It Be?

Seriously, you'd think if you were giving stuff away - ***FREE*** - that it wouldn't be that difficult! In my quest to get the game room cleared out so I can start painting it, my next task was to get rid of this big (ugly) office furniture! And like the entertainment center, I don't want money for it, I just want it OUT of my house!

With this in mind, I turned once again to Craig's List! Yesterday I put the details and some pictures on there about these desks. We actually have another two like these shown in the picture. I have already dismantled them in the attempt to make a little more room and give me an idea of the space I have in the game room. Within minutes I got a call from a lady who said she could come pick these up at 8pm last night, once her husband got off work. I got other calls soon after that and a couple of emails. I took the ad off Craig's List 10 minutes later, so that I wasn't inundated with phone calls. Long story short - the lady turned up last night with her husband and their truck. Problem? Their truck had a 'lid' on the back so the stuff wouldn't fit in there (and not for the want of trying). So after about 20 minutes they gave up and said they didn't want to take the stuff!!!!!

So I got on the phone to the 'next in line' only they didn't pick up. So then I emailed a lady who had said she was interested in the desks if I still had them. As of 12 noon today she still hasn't emailed me back or called me.

I just got home from my 2 hours at the church library, and because there was no email response from this woman, I call the lady that I tried to call last night. Still no reply but her voice mail gives a cell #. I call the cell # and still no reply to that. So I finally just email the last lady on my list.... and while I was typing this the phone rings! It was her, and yes she can come tonight to pick the desks up . . . . . Hallelujah!

OK, fingers crossed she actually does want them. Now I'm off out again to get a couple of things at the store then go pick up Kristen.

And my weekend tasks? Pick paint for the game room - YAY! :-)

4 comments:

Sue said...

My goodness... what an ordeal! I hope they come tonight and take that away for you!

I hope you enjoyed your sunny and warm day for me, buried up here in the snow - lol

Do you know what color you want to paint the gameroom??

Have a great evening!!

Hugs xo

Darylynn said...

Hi Denise! I had the same worries- that the first person who called wouldn't follow through so I kept the ad up and told people who called to call me back later in case I still had it. Fortunately, the first guy showed up. :) I think the desk, etc... looks very nice so I would think anyone who needs it would be thrilled! LOL about the people who "didn't pick up!" Did they want you to deliver on top of giving it away for free!? :lol: Have fun picking out paint! ((Hugz)))

Cindy aka Sunshine said...

Girlie, I hope you got rid of the desk tonight. What a chore? I know that you'll enjoy it when you can get in there and paint it and make it a fun family game room. Did you decide on a color?

Just wanted to wish you a wonderful Friday sweets.

Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Denise! There you are! It's so nice to see a current photo of your smiling face and read a little about your life. Oh my! I can relate to the Craig's List thing. I've posted a set of dishes for the first time on Craig's list this week and NO one comes when they say they will. It must be a common thing.

As far as the other post, I'll be praying for your good health and that the test will reveal nothing out of the ordinary. We're strong in the Lord and in the power of His might! Right?

I've missed you.

Love, Mary