Wednesday, February 27, 2008

A Runaway Week!

Yes, it feels like the week is running away from me once again. Here we are already mid week and time is just flying by as usual. I took Kristen to the hairdressers straight after school yesterday. She hasn't had her hair cut since last Summer!!! I know I should have it trimmed more regularly. We had probably nearly 3 inches cut off the bottom and it looks so nice. I still tie it back for her for school though. I hate the thought of her hair flying all over the place, especially when she's out at recess, it gets so tatty! But I hate the thought of 'head lice' too!

Not much going on here. Just thought I'd write a quick few words incase you wonder where I've gone to! Had surprising news this morning about the earthquake in England. My family live in the North of England but when I called mom this morning everyone was fine and apparently the tremors had moved south from the epicenter and not north where they are. My mam said she felt the roof rumble a little but she thought it was just the wind, that's how slight it was. No deaths are reported so that is a wonderful thing.

Speaking of wonderful things, I keep forgetting to update on here about my pap test results! Praise God and thank you for all your prayers, my results came back normal :-)
I got a letter (I should say envelope) from the Dr's in the mail last week but when I opened it there was nothing inside! So I called in to the office the next day to ask about it. The nurse came to talk to me and told me then that the results were normal and the Dr (who'd just had a baby 3 months ago, must still be suffering from 'mommy brain' she said) forgot to insert the letter! That's ok, so long as it was good results. I just have to go back in 6 months to follow up with another test, but that coincides with my yearly physical in September, so I will go then.

OK, so that's all the news for now, hope you're all having a good week in your little corners of the world.

4 comments:

Darylynn said...

Hi Denise! Good news about the earthquake and your pap results! :) The singer you liked is David Hernandez. They showed him on The View this morning as Elizabeth thought he was the best, too.

Justin got a counter offer today of 390 (to his 370) so he's going up to 375. His agent seems to feel that 380 would do it but he wants to try 375. How did you do it?- You've gone thru several RE purchases just since I've known you! :lol: (((Hugz)))

Tammy said...

Hi Denise! I'm so glad your pap results came back normal! Praise God! I think I would freak out if I ever had an abnormal result. What a blessing that you have normal results after your abnormal ones :)

Enjoy the rest of your week sweetie. I'm just wanting to get tomorrow over with--I'm dreading my taekwondo test! Big hugs!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Denise, I am glad your test came out ok. I have been busy enjoying my grandson. The food sounds interesting. I had Greek food for lunch today. Have a nice week. Hugs

Sue said...

Hey D! Glad your family is all safe & sound from the trembles over the pond ;-) Weird weather that's for sure!! Jesus is coming soon!! hee hee

Doug & I would love to see a pic of Kiki's trim :-) Any pic of Kiki gives us our fill of one of our favorite non-blood nieces :-)

Great news about the PAP! I think my last one was good too - I never heard back from the gyn's office which I would do if I had to go back in 6 months so I think I'm back to my family doctor for a yearly one too!! PTL!! (first time since over a decade for me I think!)

Have a great end of your week!! Love ya xo