Saturday, February 16, 2008

More Pics. . . . .

It is indeed a rainy cold day... although we haven't had lightening or hail yet. It's very yucky and wet. Kristen is playing in here with Connor. She keeps wanting to go ask Emily to play but she's been over twice already - first time she was told Emily was doing her chores and tidying up her room! After an hour or so she and Connor went over again to ask Emily over to play but her mom told her that Emily was playing on Epets.com and didn't want to come out. Kristen has since asked if she can go ask AGAIN if Emily wants to play, but I told her no. No means no, and if Emily (or her mom) has said no twice and Emily hasn't come over on her own then she (Kristen) has to accept that her friend just doesn't want to play today.

With all that said, nothing much is going on here today so I'll leave you with a few more pictures of the game room :-)

Above: I tried to get a view of the whole room so you can see the layout a little better.

Another picture of the bookshelves, this time filled with more books and my collection of snowglobes on the top.

The two new desks for me and Kristen to sit at. I still need to get two new chairs - I'm thinking THESE will look nice (I don't want huge ones, like the one in the picture, which is a mess because the plastic (it's not leather) is peeling off around the seams), and hope to get to Ikea again next week to buy them.

A better view of the paint colors. The cream color is called Riviera Sand by Behr, and the orangy color (I little too orange, I was hoping for more of a terracotta look, but it didn't darken as much as I thought it would) is called Sizzle, by Gliddon. You can also see that we have a little music area set up here (the bottom right of the picture). This is where Kristen practices piano, using Daddy's keyboard, and Jason has just bought a new amp so he can play his electric guitar again.
As you can see the walls are still very bear and I need to buy curtains too. But all that will come in time. So far we are both very pleased with the results.

p.s. you may be able to click on the pics to see larger images.

3 comments:

Sue said...

Looks fantastic, D!! Very cozy! I really like the computer area too - sleek!!

Great job!

Hope you're enjoying your rainy weekend!! They are calling for freezing rain tomorrow morning.

Hugs xo

Anonymous said...

Hi Denise...sorry I've not been around in a bit. I have been going through some very trying times (explained in my blog). I am happy to be reconnected with my internet friends!

What a wonderful job you've done on your game room. I love the black bookcases & your computer desks. I think the 'orange' color will grow on you - it looks very nice.

Have a blessed day! Enjoy your new look in your room! Hugs!

little miss violet said...

happy Sunday. glad you have the games room sorted out now, looks nice and cosy. :O)

got SK yesterday, and have removed the free gift. You're sure you don't want it? If not, I think I might be able to make use of it :O)
I'll try and pop it in the post this week, or failing that, next Tuesday (which is more likely).
Keep meaning to ask, you mentioned you'd sent a mag recently didn't you - or maybe you didn't, and I am just getting muddled, which seems to happen quite a lot these days. I haven't received it yet, so if you were wondering why I hadn't mentioned it, that's the reason why. :O) I'm sure it will turn up soon, sometimes they seem to take forever to arrive which I am sure is down to Royal Mail. Last week we had two days of no post at all, not even junk mail, and that's very unusual.

anyway. must go. almost tea time for tiny girls, mind you, she won't want to come in. She's been out in the garden with Bill for the past hour or so, so I could hoover the house. She loves being outside with her daddy, getting her in = Big Tantrums!!!
xxx