Thursday, October 1, 2009

Do yourself a favor!

It's been a while since I posted a reminder about a monthly BSE but today is the perfect day to get back on track with it. October 1st marks the start of Breast Cancer Awareness Month.

I was watching Ellen this morning (don't laugh but I've only actually started watching her show this week!! I never usually have the tv on in the morning, but now I'm tivo'ing it and I must admit, she is one funny gal!) and she had Melissa and Ade (from So You Think You Can Dance) perform their beautiful dance that was in honor of all breast cancer patients. That piece is so moving - did you see it?

Anyway, I just wanted to take time out this evening to remind you ladies how important self-exams are and how little time they take. Seriously, we're talking not even a minute here. And early detection CAN save your life. So, take just one minute now..... right now and go in to your bedroom and do a BSE. Here is a link if you don't know how to perform a BSE. There are also videos on Youtube that you may find helpful.

As for me, I had my yearly check up last month at the Dr and she did a breast exam for me. I have my referral and will be going for my yearly mammogram this month :-)

1 comment:

Sue said...

Thanks for the reminder D! Now that I have "wheels" again, I need to make my yearly physical appt with my dr. so I'll get her to do it there but thanks!

It's funny you mention this because just the other night while snuggling in bed I reminded Doug to do his "check" of them - hee hee. I figure he'll feel something before I do since he's always grabbing them in bed - lol
Sorry... TMI! ;-)

Love you xo