
It's my birthday this weekend, so to celebrate I thought I would have a 'give-away'. It's also my way of saying thank you to you all for reading my blogs and taking the time to leave your sweet comments.
In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness month I wanted to knit something pink.... and I wanted to give it away to a lucky winner on my blog :-) I chose this beautiful 'Breast Cancer Awareness Scarf from Ravelry.com. Knit with Patons Baby Bamboo, it is a mix of 45% bamboo and 55% acrylic and is super soft. I love it (might have to knit myself another one!).It's machine washable too :-)
For a chance to win, it's simple really. . . . just leave a comment here and your name will be entered in to the drawing. I will draw a winner next Friday (Oct 23).For an extra entry post about this give-away on your blog and link back here so others can enter too. (leave a separate comment to say you've done this).
For another extra entry 'follow' my blog. (leave another comment to say you've done this).
That's 3 chances to win :-) Make sure I have a way of contacting you (email, blog site etc) if your contact info isn't in your profile).
I will draw a winner next Friday (Oct 23).
I'll also be posting this give-away on my Knitting Blog but duplicate entries over there won't be counted - a maximum of 3 entries per person will be allowed. This give-away is open to non-USA residents.
41 comments:
How sweet of you Denise!
I just LOVE this gorgeous pink scarf you made and would be honored to win it! All of us have been affected by cancer in some way and this is a wonderful way to show support. You are a genuine person and I'm so happy we met.
~*~Happy Birthday To You!~*~
~Many Blessings, ~Melissa :)
PS I'm a longtime friend and follower and I'll add this to my post. :)
Well, happy birthday to you! Your scarf is just wonderful. What a nice way to support Breast Cancer Awareness month. Happy weekend to you!
My Pink Saturday post is about my lunch with Laurie. I wish you could have joined us. It was fun!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I just celebrated mine on the first...October birthdays are the best;)!!!
Please enter me in your giveaway...your scarf is darling...I love it!!! I became a follower of yours today and I look forward to more visits in the future!!!
Your blog is wonderful!!!
XOXO
Cathy
Happy Birthday Denise. So you and your sister have close birthdays. That is a lovely pink scarf. If I win it I will give it to a friend that is a survivor. She is a spiritual mentor to me. Have a wonderful weekend! Hugs and I saw those beautiful roses at your FB. :)
Hi Denise,
Happy birthday!
Love your blog...its my first visit here and I think I will stick around and read more! :-)
I would love the chance to win that beautiful scarf..... it would go perfect with my white winter coat I just bought! Here in Michigan we need scarfs and mittens! :-)
Hugz,
Dolly
Wow , this is great So charming. I love it.
Happy pink Saturday and nice weekend !
Love Rini the Netherlands
Happy Birthday Denise. It is so thoughtful of you to do a give away to celebrate your special day. The scarf is beautiful and to make something to support Breast Cancer Awareness month is wonderful. I lost a dear friend to breast cancer and this cause is always close to my heart.
Hope you enjoy your day!
Thanks,
Karen
Oh I forgot to mention I'm already a follower. : )
HAPPY BIRTHDAY Niecey girl!!
What a pretty pattern on this scarf. And it looks as soft as you describe it to be. Everything you knit is always so pretty and your handwork is so neat!
Knitting weather is on the way too, so I will look forward to your sharing pics of upcoming projects.
Reading your previous post, I thought about what it must be like, to leave loved ones so far away and come to a new country... become a citizen of that new country (I still remember your pride on that day!)and live in daily joy with a heart full of love and contentment.
You are a special person, Niecey! It has to be hard some days, and the longing must often be deep, to see your family back home. Yet, you always have a pleasant, happy attitude. You're just a sweet blessing to me.
Hope you have a wonderful and warm birthday weekend! God Bless You!
Love ya, sweet girl!
Lynn
what a lovely job you have done.it is absolutely gorgeous.i found you thru my friend Melissa.i will be back..ann
happy birthday.i hope you have a most wonderful day and many more...Ann
Hi Denise what a lovely blog you did for big sis on her birthday and a big Happy Birthday to you today hope you are doing something special.I will ring tonight if you are out I will call tomorrow, have a great day whatever your doing and remember I Love and Miss you lots xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Denise,
What a lovely scarf and for such a wonderful cause. I am a nurse and see the suffering cancer causes on a regular basis. We must all do our small part to find a cure.
I connected with you from Melissa Miller. I have enjoyed reading your posts so very much and your daughter is simply beautiful.
I look forward to reading more from you in the future.
May all God's blessings be yours today.
In Grace,
Marie
What a beautiful scarf - pink is my favorite color. I would love to win!
Christie
dctm at bellsouth dot net
Hi Denise--
I'm stopping by on Monday afternoon. I think your birthday was yesterday, right? And you're my age now! Here's to a wonderful #46 for both of us. I'm glad to know you!
Many, many blessings,
Richella
Hi Denise! Glad to hear you had a great birthday! I'll add your giveaway to my blog entry for tomorrow. It's a good reminder since it's BC Awareness month. I've started having my mammograms in September because October was always so crowded. I used to do October because my birthday reminded me to give myself that present. :) Have a great week ahead! (((Hugz)))
I'm so glad you came by to visit and enter my giveaway! Good luck!
I would love to enter your drawing as well, the pink scarf is just adorable!
Happy birthday to you also! Mine was recently too. There seems to be alot of October birthdays in blogland!!
Best regards,
Sherri:)
First I want to say Happy birthday. How sweet that you would give one of us a present. It is beautiful!!
I love your blog and am a follower!!
Happy Birthday!
The scarf is beautiful and I would be honored to wear it. My mom just passed away from cancer 4 weeks ago today. I would wear it in memory of her.
Thanks for this wonderful giveaway.
I am a follower!
Blessings,
Traci
Such a pretty scarf and for such a good cause.
Happy Birthday!
That is a beautiful scarf! What a great giveaway! Jess10284@gmail.com
I am now a follower :) Jess10284@gmail.com
I posted your giveaway on the side of my blog! Jess10284@gmail.com
What a beautiful giveaway. I love pink, one of my favorite colors. Geri
I have become a follower of your blog. Geri
OH! How pretty, my sister is a lover of pink and she would just adore that scarf! That would be just the gift to cheer her up too. I love your blog. Everyone I have met on my blog journey has been so sweet and I'm adding you to that list. Thanks for for your kind words in wishing me well and complementing me on my topiary. God Bless and have a great day!
Happy Birthday, Denise!
Jane
What a gorgeous scarf! I am a new reader and would love to be in the drawing to win. Thanks! :)
what a gorgeous scarf and such beautiful work! thank you for sharing your talent with us
Oh I would love to win your pink scarf give away. I have a great button on my sidebar that helps donate free mamograms for women who can't afford them. Feel free to take the button & put it on your site. Thanks for coming to see me for Outdoor Wendesday.
W would so love to win this beautiful scarf! I am a follower, I posted about it on my blog, and made a link in my sidebar to go see what you're doing. Fingers crossed....thank you for this opportunity! AND HAPPY HAPPY Birthday!
Well Happy Birthday to you my dear Denise.
I would love nothing more than to wrap myself in your pretty pink scarf on our cold cold winters here in Canada, but i'm not one to enter draws.. not sure why. I think i would rather give my spot away to a lucky lady. I do love it though... this was a hard decision trust me Denise.
May your birthday be filled with love , hugs/kisses and most of all LOT"S OF Pink presents.
Love Claudie
xoxoxo
How sweet of you to make this beautful scarf and then offer it to one of us in this giveaway. Thank you for the chance to win it. It is beautiful.
That is a very special birthday giveaway, Denise! It looks lovely on YOU & I do think you should make yourself another.
Very thoughtful way to mark your special day as well as remind people of the importance of breast cancer awareness month.
♥ Rettabug
This pink scarf is beautiful! I'd love a chance to win this! Please do count me in for the drawing! ~tina
I love the pretty pink scarf. Please put my name into the drawing.
Joyce
I would be honored to have a chance to win your beautiful handmade scarf.
oooooooo, love it--very pretty!! Put my name in the mix, kiddo!! Hope you had a nice birthday.
That is a beautiful scarf! I would love to wear it!!
Erica
I love this little Scarf! It is so feminine. Happy belated birthday! Today is my birthday! :)
~Liz
Happy Birthday, Denise!
What a beautiful scarf! The pattern and the color are great!
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! I love your idea for blending the spinach-tomato soup, it never even crossed my mind! I'm going to do it the next time I make it! (I'm working my way to your soup post from this week!)
Post a Comment