Saturday, July 3, 2010

Sunday Musings . . . . July 4th


First of all Happy 4th July to everyone, I hope you all have a wonderful, safe and fun day! The picture above was taken on Kristen's very first Independence Day, back in 2001 - I was 37!!!

Of course Kristen has changed dramatically in the past 9 years.... but have I? I'd like to think not, here I am this week with my new grill, and look I even have the same hair style, ha ha :-) Hard to believe I'll be 47 this year!

So, what have we been up to this week, and what have we got planned for today? I can answer both of those questions with "not much!". We had a lot of rain this week and a thunderstorm on Tuesday night. The rain that came after that was from Hurricane Alex. I didn't mind at all, it dropped our temps to the high 70's and gave us some much needed rain. I liked the overcast skies too. It did mean we didn't get any pool time this week, so Kristen and I have had some quiet days. Jason was off one day this week, I think it was Wednesday! We went out to Chinese Buffet for lunch then went and bought a new grill. I do all the grilling around here so it feels more like a new toy for me :-)

And the reason we bought a new grill was because we sold our Nexus One phones! You know, those fancy new phones we bought about 6mths ago? We haven't used them much at all since we got them, I can honestly say I hadn't called anyone on it in about the past 4 mths. I really don't need it to surf the net or check Facebook, I can do all that from my computer at home, and lets face it, I'm usually at home most days. We checked on Ebay and the phones were selling for a really high price. We bought ours for over $500 each and I'm happy to say we have sold both of them for about $400 each. We will just use the old phones we had which are from Verizon and use the plan we had where you just pay as you go.

We have no plans today, poor Jason is sick :-( He was very stuffed up yesterday and I said it might very well be allergies. He wasn't sure if he was coming down with something because his throat was getting sore too. I've often had a sore throat caused by allergies too, so it's always hard to tell the difference. Today he's even worse, very congested, thick green mucus (sorry for TMI) chesty cough, he really feels (and sounds) miserable poor thing. I still say it could be allergies too. Hopefully he will make an appointment to go see the Dr. I'm betting he has a sinus infection. So it will be another quiet day just staying home for us. I will probably grill some dogs (on my new grill) for us all later. Right now I'm off to get another yummy cup of coffee and stay in my jammies just a little while longer.

Enjoy the day!

11 comments:

Karina said...

Your blog looks so cute! Hope you have a great 4th, and that Jason feels better!

Melissa Miller said...

You look beautiful in both photos!

Hsppy 4th! ~Melissa :)

Margo said...

Hi Denise - what a cute blog you have! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Hope you have a great Independence Day!

Susan said...

Hi Denise. Happy 4th. Hope Jason gets better soon. Hugs

Richella Parham said...

Happy Day to a favorite Brit-cum-American!

Girl, you look even better today than you did when Kristen was a baby. When is your birthday, by the way? I'm thinking it's not too long after mine. I'll be 47 on September 5; don't you have an autumn birthday, too?

Hope Jason is right as rain soon. Y'all take care!

sadie said...

you haven't changed a bit :O)

I hope Jason is feeling better today.
Love your previous post. I love reading my old posts, especially the dull and everyday stuff, it's nice to remember things, even shopping lists :O)

Have a lovely start to the week. Not as hot here today thank goodness. No rain,but a lovely breeze and a bit of cloud. Hurrah!
xx

Stephanie @ La Dolce Vita said...

Hope he feels better! And you and your girl are still adorable 9 years later - you look great!

Melanie said...

First off, you were so thin after having Kristen. She looks like you too.

I'm thinking that you look really skinny standing by that new grill!

Hope Jason is feeling better.

Melissa Miller said...

You should join in the fun Denise! I have never had a single craft idea in my head and still made something work. I'm glad you liked my little box.

Have a great week!
~Melissa :)

Pamela said...

You haven't aged a bit! Hope you are enjoying your new grill and that your hubby is feeling better!

Cheryl said...

Denise, you look really healthy and happy. It looks like your new healthier lifestyle has taken hold and paid off. Good for you!