Thursday, July 1, 2010

Old Posts!

Do you ever look at your old blog posts to see what you were doing a year ago to the day? Or even two years ago ? I do that sometimes - I did that today. It's funny, what I wrote on July 1st 2009 was something I could have written today and it would still be true... for instance, this is some of what I wrote

I woke up this morning to overcast skies. The high will only be 94 today and there's hope of rain and a possible thunder storm. Bring it on I say..... I'd love a little cooler weather for a day or so right now.

Kristen and I will be off to piano lesson at 9.30am this morning. Her lesson is at 10am. It's already 8.41am as I type this! I get so used to lazy mornings where we just potter around in our pj's til well after 10am that I'm not liking this 'having to get ready and get out' feeling! I'll pop in to the store on the way home, we need some coffee, dog food and coffee creamer. That's all I'm buying too, I have plenty of groceries in the cupboard so I need to use them up first before I go buy more.

Well we had overcast skies today too, we went to piano today too (but at 11.00am not 9.30am) and we called in to Target on the way home to get a few groceries! See what I mean :-) We did just about the exact same thing last year, as we did today.

So, that got me thinking..... what was I doing on July 1st 2008? I checked my old blog posts and ha, I was actually getting my Lasik eye surgery on this day two years ago! I didn't post much that day because I was having the surgery done but I posted the next day to say thank you for all the kind comments and well wishes. You can read it HERE if you like.

On both of these days I didn't add a picture to my post, so I thought I'd leave you with one from last year just a few days later.... 4th July to be exact :-)

So, I have to ask - "what were you doing a year ago today?"

15 comments:

Kimberly said...

just got the ingredients today to make that flag cake this weekend.

Melissa Miller said...

How fun! What a great idea Denise.
The cake is so pretty and festive looking. Are you making another one this year? Yum!

You look beautiful too! :)

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Denise, cute shirt and the dessert matches your shirt. Cute! Have a wonderful 4th!

Joyce said...

Well, we were living in a hotel waiting on our belongings to clear customs. A lot happens in a year : )

Traditions By The Seasons said...

Hello, beautiful! You look so pretty and ready for the 4th in that picture. Ummmm, and that cake looks DELISH!!! I want to make one this year! Have a happy
4th of July!! Its fun looking back on past years photos, my how time goes by quickly, doesn't it? =)

XO ~Liz

Samantha said...

Oh wow, that dessert looks so delicious and very festive! This time last year I had just gotten married and my husband was just about to join the Navy! One reason I want to start blogging more often is so I have lots of posts to look back on. :)

Have a great 4th of July weekend!

Creations By Cindy said...

Mercy girl, I can't remember what I done this morning much less a year ago!!!! Ha! Happy 4th of July and be blessed. Cindy

Honeycombs said...

Well sis, I had a late night - you can read about it over at my blog as I've posed the same question but don't think I'll get as many replies as you. I love your blog, wish I had the time to do more.
Keep praying. Love ya lots and have a great 4th July - the cake does look yummy. xxxxx

Judy said...

Hi Denise! Puleeeze tell me that it hasn't honestly been an entire week since I've visited you!?? I know it was a busy week, but I still can't believe it!

Loved all the posts that I missed. Im' not a big mac & cheese fan either. Believe it or not, neither are the kids - they don't even like the boxed kind.

Loved your Sunday Musings...looks like you & Kristin had such a fun week. Can't believe she's only just lost her 3rd tooth. Elliot is working on his 5th now, & he's 7. Can you believe we haven't seen Toy Story 3 yet!? I wanted to see it this weekend, but Mike keeps saying that all the guys at work say it's no good. C'mon...TOY STORY - NO GOOD!? I might go ahead & take the kids tomorrow.

I went back & read my post from a year ago...it's too wordy to tell you all I was doing. :-) What a great idea though.

Have a wondeful weekend & a fun 4th Denise. Love you! Hugs

Its So Very Cheri said...

Hey I saw your blog on another blog and popped over to catch up. I lost all my followers, and a way to connect with them, when I moved my blog to my own site.

Keep in touch and I will have to see what I was doing a year ago, probably blogging, crafts, decorating, getting ready for the
4th--yeah about the same.
Cheri

Stephanie @ La Dolce Vita said...

I was sitting on a deck overlooking a pool overlooking the water with good friends and good food! Thanks for making me think of a happy memory!
Happy 4th!

Melanie said...

You look great and the cake looks great:)

Hope you have a great 4th. I haven't been online today....kinda sick. I will email you tomorrow.

Lori said...

How funny Densie, I am the same way. I think we were probably at home.
Have a nice 4th of July!!! ((BIG HUGS))!!!

Shelley said...

Well the 4th is my birthday so no doubt I was celebrating my birthday somewhere? I do not have a years worth of blog posts to look back on - maybe next year x Have a GREAT celebration.

Jenna @ Newlyweds said...

Love this, very cute cake and shirt! I do check my blog for 1 year ago posts, but since I've been blogging less than years I can't go back that far, but it sure if fun to look back.

Happy a wonderful 4th of july.