I’m sitting here having my coffee, surfing around the blogesphere and thinking I should write a blog post (because I haven’t posted since Wednesday) but I honestly don’t know what to write about?
I’m sure that’s happened to many of you before. And the dilemma is, do I post just for the sake of posting or do I not post and just wait til Sunday and sum up the week in my ‘Sunday Musing’ post? (and how many more times will I say post in this post!)
Well you can see what I decided. . . . because you’re reading this post :-) And to be honest I only decided to blog so I can use the Windows Live Writer again to see if I can get used to it. A few of you asked what I thought about it and my response could only be ‘it’s ok’. But that’s because I had only used it once and you’re asking a gal here who does NOT like change! Well, not when it comes to using new stuff, especially on the computer. I like to stick with what I know, and if ‘what I know’ works, then I see no reason to change it. But I’m trying it again. Melanie told me how to make the pictures larger and I’m sticking with the usual font so it should look the same but the best part of WLW is that I don’t have to resize my photos before adding them.
Hmmm, in saying that I really don’t have any photos to share today, so now I will have to go find one that I can add (because you know I don’t like a post without pics, and I’ve already had one of those this week!)
Ahhh, that’s better! Not that it looks like that out there though. That is my wishful thinking. I only wish it was wet and rainy today but it’s not . . . it’s bright and sunny yet again, with a high of 101!
I’d really love to see a sky like this again, just for today, just to stay home and feel cozy, curl up and read a book with Kristen, or knit while she watches cartoons. . . just for today. Soon our summer break will be over, we have only one more full week before school starts back on August 23rd. I don’t mind really, Kristen doesn’t mind either, she’s eager to start her new school and make some new friends.
But for now I’m going to enjoy yet another lazy morning, grab another cup of coffee and surf yet another blog :-) Thanks for dropping by this morning, I hope I didn’t bore you too much with my ramblings. Have a great weekend.
16 comments:
Oh Denise!! I want rain too. So yesterday it starts thundering and I get out of the pool and come in...nothing, the sun comes back out. Then a few hours later, it starts thundering and lightening, the wind was blowing hard, and it was raining a little, but my porch was barely even wet. I do not know what was happening to the rain because on radar, it looked like a good storm. :(
Well, you have a nice day!! I am going to try to swim again. ((BIG HUGS))!!
You're never a bore! We all get that blah-bloggy feeling at times. Take a few days to recharge. Over here, the weather has definitely turned. It is mid 70's and sunny with no humidity. So beautiful out! what a change from the beginning of the week. Want to come for a visit? :)
Hi~ Some days I don't know what to blog about either. Its a beautiful day here only around 70!! Enjoying it tremendously!!!
It does happen Denise. We all understand those *bloggy blahs*.
I do wish it was raining here too. We need it so badly.
Have a great weekend!
~Melissa :)
Well I'm on the East Coast and we had a little rain yesterday but its still so hot. I had this crazy idea I'd step outside today and the humidity would be gone. No such luck.
Personally, I enjoy the posts people write that are about the everyday nothings...I think most of us have those types of days most of the time and we relate to them. I like to think of women reading blogs, drinking coffee, etc. I say post away : )
Oh I have days and weeks like this.. THANK GOD for product reviews. LOL!!
I feel just as you do, Denise. I want some rain and cooler weather. These hot and dry conditions are not at all inspirational. I, too, am experiencing blogger's block! Happy weekend to you! Carla
Oh, for a cloudy sky like yours. It is so hot and dry here and it is a major effort to keep things from turning brown.
Hi Denise! You could never bore me...ever. I think we all get the blog blahs - I did last night. Didn't have a clue what I was going to post about when I sat down, so just decided to answer your question. :-)
How I wish I could see a day like that too! I would LOVE a rainy day!
So glad that Kristen is excited about her new school! Not too long before it starts!
Have a wonderful day Denise. Hugs!
Wasn't bored at all with your post. I loved seeing the raining day picture. We were blessed this week with a great day of rain yesterday. A bit overcast today, but that is okay...I miss days like that, it kinda reminds me of fall. Which we all know I love.
I hope you get the hang of WLW. I really do enjoy it. I cringe now when I have to use blogger to post my post. Oh well, to each's own as they say.
Try to stay cool and I hope you have a fantastic weekend.
Hugs,
Cindy
Well... I for one am glad you posted today! I was wondering about posting myself and I still have to especially since I won't be able to be online for a whole week (how will I survive!)
Sorry I didn't get a chance to call this week... it was crazy busy trying to get things done for Abide and packing, grocery shopping, etc. I'll try and call the week between trips.
Love you & have a great week!! xo
you'll have to tell me where to find this live writer thingy, 'cos i've never heard of it before and would like to try it out one day.
Poor you with your rain craving. I opened the newspaper today and laughed at one article. I took a photo and wrote about it today. Apparently, summer is over here! Wow, what a shock, didn't see that coming!!!!!
I just hope your weather cools down soon and you get some decent rain.
xx
Hi Denise! I should try LiveWriter again. It works for WordPress, too, but it was kind of glitchy but it's probably better by now. I liked the ease of adding photos, too. That second photo looks a little too ominous for my liking! I'd be afraid of a tornado. something we don't have to worry about too much here,,, there's an occasional waterspout but that's about it. Enjoy the rest of your weekend! (((Hugz)))
HI LS I had that feeling tonight and just posted for the sake of it cos I don't post very often. If you want rain, come on over here sis it's rained all day and I mean all day - no tell a lie, the sun came out tonight around half five. Poor Marc, Sam and the children have gone camping but maybe it's better weather down south.
Love ya xxx
We need rain too! I loved your pictures of it! :)
Our public schools in my county go back to school tomorrow! My school goes back on Thursday. I'm glad to get started again! I like my vacation, but I like my routine too! :)
And I have been where you are with posting too! I wish I had cute things to say all the time like some people, but I don't...sat on the couch and watched TV or sat at my desk and tutored...those are the eventful things of my life! LOL
Your photos of the sky are really pretty. I love a good rainy day too. I hope you will try WLW because I promise that it is easier than blogger. The only thing is that you are use to blogger. I never did use that much when I started because of LW so that is why I like it so much.
Post a Comment