Monday, August 2, 2010

Until Thursday ;-)

Well I've been trying to get pictures all day of the table in the kitchen, but it's just so bright with the sunshine this is the best I could do today. I will try to take some better shots and perhaps some night shots (candles lit etc) and post again on Thursday.

I didn't want to not post anything after saying I would add pictures later today. I do like how the table looks, but I must say it's rather strange seeing it there..... it looks so low!!! Of course I know that's because I've been used to the higher table for over a year now, so I'm sure I'll get used to it again soon.

I'm wondering if I should paint the chairs? What do you think? I've seen similar sets where the back and the legs are cream but the seat is left wood. I think that would be kinda tricky to do without getting paint on the seat from trying to paint around the 'spindles' on the back of the chair. You can see (click to enlarge if you need to) I have two cushions on the chairs right now, they are the ones I made to go outside on the porch but I've not really used them out there yet because it's been so hot we never go out front. I like the splash of color they give, so I might consider just making two more so I have 4 and leave the chairs as is? I'd love your input ;-)



8 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh I love the table and chairs here instead of the higher set. It looks fabulous and I know that you will get used to the look and love it. So much nicer for the family to dine at. Beautiful cushions too. I like it as is, but if you want to paint it, then go for it. Hugs, Marty

Kimberly said...

Look at my post from today. My dining room set pictures. The seat/table top is ivory and the rest of chairs/table is dark. I kinda like the contrast. Maybe you could paint "some of the chair". Just a thought!

Lori said...

Hi Denise!! Your table looks gorgeous!! I love it. ((BIG HUGS))!!

Anonymous said...

It's hard to judge because I have no idea what the rest of your house has in it...it would be pretty all white if you like that or with the wood look if you have other woods near by...can't wait to see what you do! ;D

Kristens Creations said...

Hi Denise, Your table and chairs look really good! I like the pillows in the chairs too...I think if you found two more everything would tie together really well. I really like the curtain, it looks great with the chairs. That little arrangment looks perfect too! I like the brown container on the cream table. I say leave the chairs as they are, the pillows definitely help to tie everything together. Thanks for stopping by!
Have a great week! Kristen

Elizabeth said...

Hello Denise, the table looks awesome & I would paint the chairs too, fully. I think it depends of the chair style to keep part of it one color. Anyway, it's just my taste :o)
Your menu is great! I guess it's pretty hot in your area too, stay cool! Hugs

Southern Lady said...

I like the table. I think you could paint the chairs if you wish, but they look good as is. Let your heart be your guide. Carla

Stephanie @ La Dolce Vita said...

I love the way the table came out! I think the chairs can go either way. The color of the wood goes with the window valance, but they would look good painted too! Live with it a few days and then decide. Great job though!