I finally finished some of my tea cup bird feeders and just in time. Cheryl and I will be doing our first ‘combined’ craft fair this weekend as ‘Birds and the Beads, and I’m pretty excited. We are still working on our display, and actually might not have it exactly the way we want by then, but after this fair we will have a few months before the ‘spring time’ ones start up and by then we should be really set to go.
I shared pictures on Facebook over the weekend of the teacups but some of my friends don’t use that and have been asking if I will be blogging about them. Of course I will . . . . here are a few photos that I took (posing with a ‘not real’ cardinal and some birdy seed). I’ll be giving away free little packets of bird seed with each purchase :-)
So what do you think? I’ve been scouring the thrift stores and estate sales for these cups and each one has to look just right. I don’t just want to pick up everything I see.
This one for instance is ‘Spode’ English China. It’s one of my favorites so far, and I actually saw one just like it on Ebay for $14! Thankfully I didn’t have to pay that much. Although I will probably be selling them for about $15-$18, depending on how much I had to pay for the cup and saucer.
I also love this big poppy cup and saucer too (I’m quite tempted to keep this one for my own front yard!)
Hope you enjoyed seeing my little feeders, I’m hope they sell well at the fairs.
20 comments:
I Love These! They are so neat looking out in the garden and the birds really do visit them. I use to have one but it cracked and cracked again, until I tossed it. Can't leave them out to freeze for sure!
Where/How can I buy one from you?
see you again,
susie
susane At live DOT com
These are lovely! Great job! I think they would look charming in a garden!
I love these - so cute. I like the cups you picked out.
These are so creative and practical. I was thinking that as it rains, the cup portion can be used as a bird bath :-D
I hope you sell tons and can find lots of pretty teacups along your path. Do people sell those (teacups) at garage sales?
Hugs xo
I love these, Denise! They're darling--and I would think they would sell well! People are always glad to find a neat gift item for less than $20. Wouldn't these make a wonderful gift for a mother or grandmother? I can just imagine how my mother would have loved to have one of these just outside her kitchen window. :)
Good luck with the sale!
These are just darling, Den. I think you have hit upon a great idea and they are going to sell like crazy! Best of luck!
XO,
Jane
Oh my goodness I LOVE these bird feeders!!! Very clever idea. I hope you and Cheryl have a good show!! I LOVE Cheryl's jewelry too I just bought a bracelet from her Etsy shop. I can't wait to get it!!! Good Luck I hope ya'll sell and ton of stuff.
Fall Blessings,
Dana
Oh my gosh! I love these and have wanted to make one of these forever. And just last week I bought a cup and saucer at Goodwill to actually make one. The ones you made are so pretty. I am sure you will do well with them. Good luck with your show!
Oh these are all just fabulous. I love them. What a wonderful idea and so creative. Gorgeous. Hugs, Marty
I love 'em! They are so super cute...great job! I hope you guys sell, sell, sell at the craft fair...good luck :)
Hi Denise, Those are so cute! You are very creative. I have lots of teacups and maybe I will craft them away some day. I need to get back to work now. Hugs.
Love the pink poppy one! I've been wanting to make some of those but I can never find any cups & saucers are great as these look.
Hi Denise! As I mentioned on FB, I think they are just adorable and I'd keep the poppy one for myself, too! Do you have to drill through the bottom to attach the copper pipe? It'll be fun searching for the cups. I know that you've mostly used fine china but they would also be cute in stoneware and I'm sure you could get some great deals at places like Kohl's. Enjoy the week ahead and good luck on your first craft fair!
These are really cute! You are doing great with all your crafty goodness.
Good luck this weekend.
Ooooh, I love those! You should have no trouble selling them for such good prices! Any little bird would be lucky to dine from one of those feeders. Carla
So talented love them
Ohhhhh how pretty, what a great idea. You're always coming up with terrific creative ideas. Hope you're doing well sweets. xoxoxoox
Hi Denise,
Love the teacups and what a wonderful idea!! Makes my bird feeders look so plain!! You are so creative and your ideas are super!Hope you sell many at the craft fair-I am sure you will.
Have a great day.
Blessings and hugs
How beautiful! What a wonderful design! ♥
Denise these are adorable!!! Please share how you attached the bottom ple to them. I would love to make one for my mother and mother in law for Christmas!! They both love the outdoors!
Post a Comment