I just have to share with you my friend Cheryl’s dining room makeover. Trouble is I don’t have any before pictures – but that’s ok, the ‘after’ shots are all you need , it is so stunning ;-)
It all started with this . . .
this is the beautiful ‘wine tasting’ station that Becca shared with us over on her blog ‘Adventures In Decorating’
It inspired me to create this . . .
a little wine station in my kitchen. You can read my full post about it HERE. Cheryl and I had just started going to a little local winery for wine tastings each month, so I emailed her Becca’s picture to see. Her sweet hubby saw the email while she was at work and when she got home HE had created a little wine station for her too :-)
Well, that got Cheryl to thinking. . . . her ‘station’ wasn’t quite working out for her, it took up much needed counter space in her kitchen so she told me she had an idea to turn her whole dining room in to a ‘Tuscan themed’ wine room! And when Cheryl gets an idea – you better watch out ;-) She had seen some murals on line and went ahead and ordered one, it was to cover the whole wall! I helped her one night a couple of weeks ago to paste it up there (watching my Dad wallpaper for many years finally paid off!). As I said I don’t have any before pictures but I’ve snapped the ‘after pics from Cheryl’s Facebook (I know she won’t mind me sharing) . . . .
You may be able to click on the photos for a larger view. Isn’t it gorgeous!
Here’s a view with the lights on so you can see the mural better. It’s just breathtaking when you walk in there :) Notice the ‘real candle sconces on the wall, deliberately placed on the columns so it gives a great 3D effect.
You may not know but Cheryl’s house is exactly the same as mine (room for room) but her elevation is different. Mine has a balcony out front which means a small window in my dining room – Cheryl has this beautiful bay window. And I’ll just mention again, for those who don’t already know, Cheryl lives right next door to me ;-)
A closer view of the mural
another shot at a slightly different angle.
It’s not completely finished yet, Cheryl still wants a couple of chairs and a small table to go by the bay window, and this wall you’re looking at (above pic) will eventually have a built in bar, with her wine fridge underneath :-) And eventually after that she hopes to replace the carpet with wood flooring.
I just love it . . . we both love it! I was over there last night having wine and cheese with my sweet friend. She actually sent her boys over to my front door after she got home from work with a huge bunch of pink roses and a card :-) The card played the theme song from the Golden Girls, it nearly made me cry. I am truly blessed by her friendship. I used to pray and ask God to send me a close friend, as close as next door I’d say, someone who loves you like I do Lord, someone that would feel like a sister to me – Cheryl is the answer to that prayer, and I thank Jesus for her every day.
I thank my God upon every remembrance of you Philippians 1:3
18 comments:
Wow... that is GORGEOUS!! I love the 3-D effect with those candle sconces! Tell Cheryl it's beautiful & next time we're visiting I wanna see it "live".
I'm so thrilled that God heard the cries of your heart and gave you & Cheryl one another. I'm sure it's a mutually answered prayer for both of you!
Love you D! Hugs xo
I loved seeing the kitchen...but most of all I enjoyed hearing about your precious friendship. Carla
I'm so happy and glad you found such a special friend and neighbor! That is so awesome :)
The room make-over is so wonderful. The mural is gorgeous--love it! I love how the candles are placed on the wall for the 3-D effect....super cool and so beautiful!!
You guys did a great job!
Oh it is just stunning. What a beautiful room and the mural is gorgeous. What a blessing to have such a special friend. Hugs, Marty
What a beautiful room! I love anything Tuscan! Thanks for sharing! ~Liz
Cheryl's dining room is spectacular!! I love when someone gets and idea and goes for it! And how lucky you are to have such a good friend!
XO,
Jane
Very nice.
My 38 yr old sons name is Jason.
Pamela
WV
Very nice.
My 38 yr old sons name is Jason.
Pamela
WV
Oh my goodness I LOVE it!!! Her kitchen and dining room are just gorgeous!! I'm so excited about my bracelet that I ordered from her and I can't wait to get it!!! Tell her I'll post it on my blog with a link to hers when I get it.
Have a great evening!!
Fall Blessings,
Dana
Love it! It's so beautiful! Great job!
And friendship is truly truly a blessing for us gals. :-)
Oh you are so sweet and I love you right back.
Hi, thanks for your visit. That is very pretty especially with the lights like that at night. I do love your bay windows though! ;D
Denise! This is the most wonderful post!! Cheryl's dining room is wonderful, but even such a great room pales in comparison to the sweetness of y'all's friendship! Thank you for giving us this glimpse into your life. You have really touched my heart today. :)
Hi Denise, Cheryl's dining room makeover is absolutely beautiful! Love the bay window too. I wish I lived closer so I could go to the wine tastings with you :)
By the way...I have tried to visit Cheryl several times but can't get into her blog. It will not load for me for some reason. Oh well, just letting you know I've tried ;)
looks like you are sitting on a balcony over looking the countryside! how wonderful you have a friend like her so close by, a blessing indeed!! hugs, susan
Hi Denise! That really is beautiful! I have a small buit-in bar in our familyroom that I've been wanting to make-over. That's so great that you have such a wonderful friend right next door. You better not move again! ;) (((Hugz)))
So beautiful! I love Italy and always love decor in this style! Love the soft lighting, too! ♥
Post a Comment