Tuesday, July 5, 2011

I’m still here!

Goodness, has it really been nearly a week since I posted? I wrote that last post last Wednesday, but it wouldn’t let me upload it so I got it posted on Thursday and I haven’t had a chance to get here again since then because we’ve had our wonderful friends Sue and Doug visiting us :-)

DSCN1812 My sweet friend Sue is actually an online friend who I met many years ago (oh, about 8 or 9 years ago now I think – wow, has it really been that long?!) and many of you will know her too from her blog ‘Life is the Lemonade You Make’. We’ve had the opportunity to meet about 4 times now, twice while we lived in Maryland and they were on their way to visit family in NC, and twice now in TX when Doug has come to San Marcos to work.

As I mentioned in my previous post, last week I made the trip to the Outlets at San Marcos to meet Sue for a fun day of shopping. According to my pedometer that day we walked over 11,000 steps, over 5 miles and burned over 300 calories!

DSCN1811I didn’t spend like crazy, but got a couple of cute tops – here’s me trying one on in the store (my first purchase of the day). I also bought some earrings, sunglasses and another top (which I have no picture of yet!). 

DSCN1831

Kim wanted me to blog about what I’d bought, so these pics are for you Kim ;-)

We spent our 4th with our neighbors but sadly didn’t see (or hear) any fireworks last night because of the drought we are in.

Here’s a few photos of the day. . . .

 DSCN1878 We spent most of the morning in the kitchen! I made the trifle from Gina’s site, also some cupcakes, chocolate dipped strawberries, and potato salad.

DSCN1887

Jason finally put our flag pole up so I could hang the flag he bought me at Christmas!!

DSCN1882

 

DSCN1884

(if you’re wondering what’s on my head, it’s a head band with fluffy red white and blue feathers!)

DSCN1895

Sue will have a ton more great photos I’m sure, which she’ll post to her blog once she’s home.

We all went to the Oasis on Sunday night for dinner! I’ll share those pictures later this week.

8 comments:

Kimberly said...

thanks for posting for "me"! :) Going to check out your friends blog. Looks like you had a nice time visiting and your always looking good!!!

Stephanie @ La Dolce Vita said...

Sounds like you had a great time! Nothing like good times with family and friends!

Jen S. said...

Looks like you had a great time :) Yae!

Blondie's Journal said...

What fun! I love your purchases...you look great in all of them!

XO,
Jane

Sue said...

Well, my friend... I'm home now and missing you! We had SUCH a great time with you. It's always hard to leave :-( Thanks for such a wonderful weekend (and for coming shopping with me in San Marcos!!)

I have 2 quick comments on the pics though... a) not so sure I like the color of my hair in that top pic - hmm... may have to rethink the next color job ;-) and b) my butt looks HUGE in the pic with Dougie by your flag. I had my cell in my back pocket - ha ha.

Love you xoxo

sadie said...

nice pics, looks like a good day all round.
:O)

Heather said...

What a fabulous holiday!

Lori said...

So glad you had fun with Sue!! Sorry about the fireworks. The shopping sounds great. Ok, I am a sunglasses person and I love thhe ones you picked out!! Great!! I like everything you got though. Have a nice day!! ((BIG HUGS))!!!