Good morning everyone, it's another HOT one here in Texas! I wanted to get here yesterday to post about our fun weekend, but that never happened. I had to run over to my ENT to pick up my allergy drops, then went to the grocery store with Kristen, back home to clean up (inspired by the lovely Debbie, her kitchen was featured in the Country Woman magazine) ;-) do laundry, then it was time to make dinner, and then we popped over to Cheryl's so Kristen and Emily could play in the pool and I had a glass of wine with Cheryl.
Last Friday I got a flat tire! First time EVER since I have been driving I think (and that's many many years!). Thankfully Cheryl's hubby Steve came to the rescue. He doesn't go out to work until 3.30pm so he was the first one I tried to call. He not only came out to get us but immediately called AAA and the arrived not too long after to put the spare tire on for me. We were only about 10 minutes from home. I got two new front tires put on the car the next day, and all is well. I can't thank Steve enough, he was my knight in shining armor.
So, Saturday night we went out for 'Cuban'! Cheryl had gotten a Groupon for this Cuban restaurant in Austin, called Habanas, known to have the best Mojitos in town ;-) They really were GOOD!
Kiki and me ready to head out.
Yummy Mojitos!
After we got home we went over to Cheryl's for a dip in the pool, I deliberately waited til it got dark so I could have a 'moonlit swim' :-)
I'm still having issues using Windows Live Writer to post to my blog, it won't let me! I had some computer issues last week and ever since Jason fixed them I can't post using WLW. I don't like posting with blogger now, it doesn't seem to leave a space between my paragraphs! I'll have to get Jason to take another look at things.
9 comments:
Stay COOL in Texas!!!
So glad Steve could be there to rescue you last Friday. I can't remember the last time I had a flat (knock wood!). How was the restaurant? Good food?
Stay cool and have a great rest of your week! Love ya xoxo
I too don't think I've ever had a flat tire. Glad you got it all taken care of.
Those drinks sound (and look!) so yummy!
Dip in the pool would be nice...it's HOT here in Vegas!
Looks like a great day! Thanks for reading the article in Country Woman magazine! I love mojitos too for the record LOL! Sorry you had a flat tire, that does stink.
I'm glad you got the tire taken care of fairly easily!
It sounds like you had a fun weekend! I've never heard of that restaurant in Austin. Yummy!
What a wonderful post~ so good to catch up with you. You look great!
Sounds like a real hero! Hope things cool down by you soon, and in the meantime, THANK GOODNESS for good friends with a pool and mojitos!
Hey there. Sounds like a fun weekend. I love to swim at night.. always seem more fun.
I wonder if you uninstalled Writer and reinstalled it if that would help.. I love writer too..
It made me laugh when you said you couldn't post since Jason fixed the computer. That sounds like me over the weekend. I hope it works itself out. Mine is doing much better. It seems like after a Windows update it was better.
Oh, yes we are planning to move. We live in a really tiny house and it is time. We want to stay here in town, but may have to move into the city because we just aren't finding anything we like here. These things all work out. It is fun looking at houses, but sometimes I just want to design my own house. Have a great day!!
Post a Comment