I've mentioned the new 'event' center that just opened up near us, it's where I went with my friend Cheryl last week to the women's health seminar where Lance Armstrong's mom spoke. Well last night a new show opened..... Walking with Dinosaurs!
My friend/neighbor Cheryl said she was going to try and get tickets to the show for us all, if you remember she works at the local hospital who are sponsors to the center, and she did get the use of their company box, but she could only get 4 tickets for her family members. I really wanted to take Kristen to this so I got online yesterday morning and managed to get tickets for last night's first show. Wow! What an amazing event. Those dinosaurs are HUGE. When I first heard of this I thought it was just a movie about the dinosaurs on a big IMAX type screen, but then I saw a commercial on tv for it and saw that they were in fact 'man-operated' dinosaurs. I found a clip on Youtube that shows you part of the show with the huge T-Rex, I was hoping I could show it below but I can't figure out how to do that (someone could tell me if they know) so I'm just gonna add the link here that will take you to the youtube page:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAE5aqG8L_U
It's quite a long video so you don't have to watch it all, but it gives you an idea of what the show was like. Kristen loved it :-)
Tomorrow I think we are all (me, K and Jason) going to go see the new Christmas Carol movie in 3D. Kristen saw a preview months ago and thought it was scary because it was a big close up of Scrooge, and I must admit he does look kinda scary, but I explained it's not a scary movie and what the story was about. When I think about it, she's never seen or read the story of 'scrooge' yet, but it is a great lesson for kids I think, so hopefully we'll all enjoy it.
Off to clear up the house and carry on with the Christmas decorating. I have a ton of posts I'd like to cover, perhaps if I mention them here I won't forget? I still want to take photos of the 'garden' for you, tell you about the Paula Deen recipe I tried this week and post the recipe for my make-ahead mashed potatoes, as requested by Laurie ;-) That should keep me busy for the next few posts!
Have a beautifully blessed day.
2 comments:
Sounds like you are a busy lady. I'll look forward to the upcoming posts. Just now getting our Thanksgiving menu planned. I also need to get organized about my table. ~ Sarah
quick stop, I've got a hot cup of tea that I really need to just sit down and drink,and relax for a while.
Stressed due to potty training. It's been a hard and difficult morning for both of us. One step forward then total meltdown for various reasons. We're actually making really good progress, but when things go wrong then everything goes pear shaped and trying to calm down a three year old having a major strop is hard.
The day started well, and I was going to post earlier on, then things got chaotic and I am not in the mood anymore. I've left a comment on my tag board saying 'stressed because of potty training' so I don't have to keep answering the same q!
oh, and lazy susans, yes, they are used and available here.
Christmas Carol has been out for a couple of weeks now. There was a big premiere in London for it. Haven't seen it, and probably won't. It's too old for humbug and with the colds, flu and swine flu floating around, I'm thinking keeping out of packed film theatres is a good idea :O) Hope you enjoy the film, from what I've heard it is really good, but a bit scary in places for very tiny tots.
Ok. Time for that tea. Have a lovely weekend. :O) x
Post a Comment