I left my camera over at my neighbors on Thursday and just got it back last night! I have lots of pictures to share from the past week including Kristen's birthday, thanksgiving day, a craft I made and of course Christmas decor - all that will come in the next day or so, but today I thought I would show you a few pretty pictures of the 'Paula Deen Pumpkin Cake' I said I'd be making for Thanksgiving. . . . . remember it was on the front cover of her latest mag, here's a picture of how mine looks next to hers :-)


I went one step further and sprinkled a little icing (confectioners) sugar on top before taking it over to my neighbors.
I have to say the cake turned out ok, the one thing that was totally off was the cooking time! The recipe said both 9 inch cakes would bake at 350 for 22-27 minutes!! Surely not? If any of you bake cakes often you'll know for certain that 22 minutes is not going to cook a very dense cake like this. My neighbor said she bakes her recipe for an hour! I didn't know this at the time so I just kept adding 10 mins to the cooking time, and finally after 50 minutes the cakes seemed done. The maple cream cheese frosting was very yummy.Not sure if I'd make this again, I prefer the 'Libby's Pumpkin Roll recipe to be honest. Speaking of which, here's a picture of the one I made last year...

Well, it's our last day of 'fun' today before we get back to school tomorrow. Then we'll be counting the days til we break for Christmas :-)
2 comments:
your cake turned out really well. looks so pretty. I'd have cooked it for longer too.
Have fun getting back to normal today :O) x
Oh wow....clever you, your cake looks amazing! You're right, no way would a cake cook in 22 minutes...never! Maybe she uses some amazing turbo oven, but I've never had a cake cook under 40 minutes and usually more.
I look forward to seeing the rest of your photos, especially your craft item. You always have good ideas so I know it will be great.
Have a wonderful week sweetie. xoxox
Post a Comment