Wednesday, April 16, 2008

My New Little Corner!

As promised, here's pictures of our new patio/deck furniture. My plan was to replace the lounger I was sitting on last weekend with this set, but it's actually a little too large to fit in that corner. We tried all ways to put it there, from L-shape to angles. . . but it just didn't look right. Jason suggested we try the other corner of the deck (something I wouldn't think of because I get so set in my ways I thought it just HAD to go where I'd pictured it). So what do you think? Cozy huh? I LOVE it, and it's my new favorite place to be. Especially as the days are warming up nicely now, and most mornings are sunny like this.

Believe it or not, this set actually came in pieces and Jason had to assemble the arms and backs of the chairs and sofa, and screw the legs together on the coffee table. After we'd got it all set up we sat out on Saturday afternoon and enjoyed the fruits of our labor ;-)

The first picture is taken from the right side of the chair, and the picture below as you can see, is facing the set and looking out in to the cul-de-sac. It was hard to get a good picture because the sun is out front in the mornings, making the picture look a little dark. If you click on it, you may be able to see a little better. I should also try to take pictures in the afternoon when the sun is at the back of the house.

Right behind me. . . .is this mess! I have plans for this little alcove - I'm going to add a little bistro table and chairs and add candle sconces to the wall. So next time Jason and I have our 'date night' at home I'm going to make a special dinner and we'll dine 'Al Fresco'

The patio set actually came with two chairs, but I haven't put both of them on the deck. The bakers rack out there makes it a bit of a squeeze to have the other chair there. Until I decide where I shall put the bakers rack I have kept the second chair in our bedroom.

I still haven't painted our master bedroom yet. . . I'm starting to feel the urge to do so!


8 comments:

sadie said...

very nice Denise, I like the furniture a lot, and what a lovely area to sit outside in. I'd really love something like that, but you know what houses in England are like, no verandas or balconies or anything like that. Mind you, with our weather, it wouldn't get the use really! ha ha!

I like the swags on your curtains, that's a nice detail. What colour are you thinking for your bedroom?
The chair sits well in the bedroom.

HOpe you enjoyed your coffee! xxxx

sadie said...

p.s thanks for the link to the pets, Darylynn mentioned them, but I've never seen them before. It certainly looks like cress growing from them,but it doesn't say does it?
xxx

Danna said...

Very nice Denise! It looks very comfy. Have a good day. HUGS

Tracey said...

Hi Denise! I love your new wicker furniture. I have been looking for some to go on our deck. Where did you find it? ((BIG HUGS))

Unknown said...

Love the little set up you have there! I can't wait for the weather to warm up and stay there, so I can get out in the yard. It's a mess!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Denise, your deck looks so nice. Does it face the sreet and does it lead out from your bedroom? We have a large deck off our bedroom that we rarely use. If we had to do it all over again, we would have made a short deck and put a pool in instead. Oh well, I love my spa and how we have decorated the backyard. We all need out niche. Hugs

Darylynn said...

Hi Denise! I can't tell from the photo... is the patio set that new weatherproof wicker? We have some and like it a lot. It really is pretty enough to put indoors. You'll enjoy using that I'm sure and your bistro set for the alcove sounds great, too. Anxious to see who goes home tonight. I'm sure it'll be one of the girls. In fact, they all may go before the last 3 guys. Brooke might outlast Jason. (((Hugz)))

Anonymous said...

Wow, love the outdoor furniture and the cozy corner you've created there, but you're right, that seat also looks great in the bedroom. Great photos too, you did well with those.