We've lived in this house just over 3 years now (I still can't believe we moved just two days before Christmas on December 23rd, 2006!) and although I've painted most rooms by now (some even twice) I still feel like each room isn't quite finished. Accessories are the key to making a room complete I think.I made a trip to Hobby Lobby this week ;-) Wanna see what I bought?
First, some new candle holders. Now that we probably won't be using the fireplace again for a while I wanted to pretty it up a bit with a new look. These candle holders were on sale (do I ever buy anything full price? of course not!) The little yellow tulip like holders on top are separate. I bought them in the garden section for just $1.99. Actually come to think of it, they were the only things NOT marked down that I bought. They are for little tea lights and I had them lit last night and they make such a lovely golden glow. (ignore the ash in the fireplace... I obviously still need to clean it all out). I still need something for the other side so I haven't taken a full picture of the fireplace yet.
I couldn't resist these cute bookends. I'm always on the lookout for some, of course they have to be on sale... and these little guys were just over $7 for the pair.
They will probably go upstairs on my book cases in the game room but for now they are sitting on the coffee table just for a day or so.
Below, is a picture I bought last week from Kirklands. I finally put it up this weekend on a blank wall just next to the downstairs bathroom and laundry room. I then hung the pretty 'scroll' above it that I got at Hobby Lobby this week too.
Also this weekend I made a start on painting my 'Goodwill frames' You can see my post about them HERE. Here is the blank wall going up the stairs....
Very boring isn't it? And here's the start of my 'Family' wall.....
Not finished yet as you can see. I need to decide on which pictures to frame. The one you see there is of Kristen when she was 3 years old, taken at the Picture People. It's just temporary, I printed it out on my computer on just normal paper to get an idea of how it would look. I will put another frame to the right of 'Family' and I have an idea to add some small frames but not with pictures in! I'll share again when I have it all finished.The picture below looks a different color because I turned the stair light off and didn't use the flash.
This looks more true to the actual wall color which is a very soft creamy buttery color... it's the same color that is downstairs too. I would like to eventually change the hand rail to a nice wooden one.
So that's my attempt at more accessorizing this week..... still so many rooms to do ;-)I'll be back later tonight to announce the winner of my give-away. If you haven't already left a comment HERE there is still time to do so. Just scroll down and leave your comment at the end of the post.
10 comments:
Denise, I love all the little goodies you got. I agree that the finishing touches of any room are the accessories.
I LOVE your family wall, looking forward to doing one of those in "our next home". Don't want to put all the nail holes in the wall for this one. I already have the frames (black I might add). And aren't those wallies wonderful. Got lots of ideas to use some of those too.
Everything is so pretty.
Love and hugs,
Cindy
I love your family wall! I picked up some black frames about a year ago and once I get the hallway all fixed up and finished I want to put mine up.
I really like the tall candlesticks that you put on the fireplace. Your wall going up the stairs will look nice when you get it finished. I have a great website Scrapbookpictures.com for ordering your digital photos. It isn't a user friendly site but they do great work and they are family owned. You scored some good finds:)
Hello! I come via Melissa's blog. I love what you found at Hobby Lobby! Also, I noticed that you are from Texas. Go check out my blog and click on the button "Texas Blogging Gals" I hope you don't mind that i've become a follower of your blog. Come visit my blog and hopefully you'll be enticed enough to follow me. :) Have a great Sunday.
Sandra
Denise oh Sandra is one of the sweetest blogger ladies ever. You will just adore her!
First I must tell you that your blog looks GORGEOUS! You know I adore your new look since red is my favorite color. Good choice! The new photos of you all are so pretty too. You really look beautiful Denise!
Your newly bought items are so pretty! I really love the iron candle holders and the scroll topper is awesome. Everything looks great at your home.
"Inspiration to give and to get" is definitly the motto of my blog as I said in my very first post. I love when blogger friends are inspired by my posts. Copy ANYTHING you want to my friend. I'm TRULY flattered that you even want to. Thank you very much!
Have a blessed week. ~Melissa :)
Hi Denise, Hubby got my video up and running...I don't know what I'm doing! I hope you will check it out. Love your monkey bookends...and your family wall is looking wonderful!! Have a great night, Kristen
LOVE those candle holders and the beginings of your family wall! Thanx for stopping by earlier. I always love to find fellow HobLob lovers!:)
The follow button is not working...:(...will be back later.
Thanks Denise, I have to admit, he is pretty wonderful! Even better in person. Thanks for checking it out...
That was me in the comment above, I didn't realize my son was logged in...lol
Post a Comment