Monday, May 17, 2010

Sunday Musings . . . . May 17th


Monday again! and yet again I didn't get my Sunday post written up. . . . that's because I spent the day away from the computer and with my hubby :-) I was going to write last night but we watched a movie (2012, which I don't think is that good) and we still didn't finish it because it got late and I knew I had to get up at 6am!

So, here I am now all hot and sweaty! I just got back from my morning walk around the neighborhood. The sun is already high in the sky and HOT! It's already 73 degrees, going to be 89 today.

Last week was a quiet uneventful week really, so I don't have much to post about. Jason left on Tuesday morning to go work in Ohio for a couple of days. He was back very late on Thursday night (after midnight) so I didn't see him til Friday morning. Kristen and I just got on with our 'normal' week which includes gym class on Tuesday at 4pm and Piano lesson on Thursday at 4.30pm.

We enjoyed an evening sitting out front on Saturday night with the neighbors again. The kids love it when we're out there sitting around the porch with the tiki torches burning and candles lit (although I'm finding it hard to keep the candles lit if there is even the slightest breeze, so I will have to work on getting more 'lantern's. They are the only ones that don't blow out because they are completely covered in). On Sunday Jason and I worked in the garden a bit, but despite it being overcast it was still very hot and humid so we didn't stay out long. Jason took Kristen to the game store and she bought a DSi game and he bought a game for the PS3. While Kristen played with Emily on the front porch (they both had the same DSi game!) I sat and did some knitting on the sofa while Jason played his game. It was a lovely relaxing day.

Well, as I said, not much to share this week - not even a picture!!! I'll be back tomorrow with this weeks' PW recipe ;-) Need to head in the shower and then get up the grocery store today. Hope you all have a wonderful Monday.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you to be with family instead of on the computer :) I've been doing more of that myself when I realized I was spending waaayyyy too much time on the computer.

Anonymous said...

You know our weeks don't seem like they would be that interesting to others but they are. I enjoyed hearing about you and your life! Come say hi :D

Melissa Miller said...

Have a great day Denise! It sounds like you had a relaxing weekend.

I finally posted my 8 month weight loss update if you want to check it out. Thank you for inspiring my new goal. You're the best!

Blessings, ~Melissa :)

Southern Lady said...

So glad that you had a wonderful weekend. I love spending time with the people that I love. Can't wait to see what you are cooking next. Carla

Jolyn said...

Hello Denise, It is so good to have nice relaxing weekends like this just to work in the yard, do some chit chatting and still be able to do something you enjoy and they enjoy an still be together..AHH. I would like to have some of your warmer tempatures, not the humitity LOL. It is in the 50's with gray clouds and rain..
Have a wonderful week,
Jolyn

Creations By Cindy said...

What a wonderful weekend! Be blessed. Cindy

Anonymous said...

Hi...You could try it...I just don't have one so I do it this way! :D

Melanie said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend. Enjoy that hot weather....it is cool here:(

Judy said...

Hi Denise! I'm glad you spent time with family - sometimes the computer takes a backseat, & it should. Please remember though - no matter what your days consist of, I love hearing about it. Just love knowing what you are up to. :-) It's hot here too, but a bit over-cast today. I am so thankful for a break from the heat (already!). Have a great evening Denise. Hugs!

Sue said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend! My weeks are finally slowing down - phew!

I sure have missed you while I've been running around like a crazy woman. Hopefully we can catch up for a "chat" sometime soon. I'm looking into a new cell phone that will allow me to text to the States for a cheap price (or unlimited)

Love you
Hugs xo