Wow, it's Sunday and I'm actually posting my Sunday Musings! Wonders will never cease! This week has gone by really fast, I hope the next two are just the same. Two weeks is all we have left at school before Summer break starts. I can't believe it but I can't wait either. No more getting up at 6am during the week ;-) I love the lazy relaxing mornings spent in our pj's and not having to go to bed so early. Of course when we get to the end of Summer it means Kristen has to start a new school and make new friends.... but I know we'll be ok with that. She doesn't get upset now when we mention it - deep down I know she'll do just fine.
So, what were we up to this week? Not much really. I think I need to start keeping notes, isn't it amazing how you can forget so easily what you did at the beginning of the week? Or perhaps we did nothing so that's why there's nothing to remember!
I did go out on Thursday to my monthly book club meeting. This month we read 'The Art of Racing in the Rain' written from a dog's perspective. The dog was named Enzo and it was a really nice read - an 'easy' read as I call books like that. One's where it's easy to get in to and get to know the characters, where the sentences don't run on too long and where the story line makes sense (unlike some books I've read and could mention, but I won't). And as always it was fun getting together with my group of lady friends :-)
On Friday we had a spaghetti dinner out on the balcony. I wanted to wait until it was getting dark so we could light candles and make it like a little Italian Bistro.... by the time we sat and ate it was nearly 9pm! But that was ok, none of us were that hungry until then. Here's Kristen and Jason sitting on the balcony waiting for supper.
Can you make them out, it was pretty dark out there by then (click on the picture to enlarge)
and here's the table all set for us.
of course we had to let our baby boy join us too - he could smell those meatballs and was going crazy :-) It was a lovely evening out there, we had Josh Groban singing in the background too. We will have to do this more often, perhaps next time just have hors d'oeuvres and a cocktail ;-)
For those who haven't seen the front of our house, the balcony is upstairs at the front and is accessed from our master bedroom. Here is a picture above so you can see what I mean. If you click to enlarge you will see the bistro table to the left, and in the right hand corner I have a garden set, sofa and two chairs and a coffee table (I have an outdoor rug up there which you can't see in the picture). Perhaps I should take more photos up there and take you on a little tour next time :)
Today I will be busy knitting! I am thrilled that all of my cloths have sold. I have two more packages to mail out tomorrow and am busy making more cloths to include with one of those orders. After that I will hopefully be able to list a few more on my Etsy shop. Thank you again for all of your encouragement and kind words.... and of course thank you SO much for your orders.
Have a blessed and beautiful Sunday.
I did go out on Thursday to my monthly book club meeting. This month we read 'The Art of Racing in the Rain' written from a dog's perspective. The dog was named Enzo and it was a really nice read - an 'easy' read as I call books like that. One's where it's easy to get in to and get to know the characters, where the sentences don't run on too long and where the story line makes sense (unlike some books I've read and could mention, but I won't). And as always it was fun getting together with my group of lady friends :-)
On Friday we had a spaghetti dinner out on the balcony. I wanted to wait until it was getting dark so we could light candles and make it like a little Italian Bistro.... by the time we sat and ate it was nearly 9pm! But that was ok, none of us were that hungry until then. Here's Kristen and Jason sitting on the balcony waiting for supper.
Can you make them out, it was pretty dark out there by then (click on the picture to enlarge)
and here's the table all set for us.
of course we had to let our baby boy join us too - he could smell those meatballs and was going crazy :-) It was a lovely evening out there, we had Josh Groban singing in the background too. We will have to do this more often, perhaps next time just have hors d'oeuvres and a cocktail ;-)
For those who haven't seen the front of our house, the balcony is upstairs at the front and is accessed from our master bedroom. Here is a picture above so you can see what I mean. If you click to enlarge you will see the bistro table to the left, and in the right hand corner I have a garden set, sofa and two chairs and a coffee table (I have an outdoor rug up there which you can't see in the picture). Perhaps I should take more photos up there and take you on a little tour next time :)Today I will be busy knitting! I am thrilled that all of my cloths have sold. I have two more packages to mail out tomorrow and am busy making more cloths to include with one of those orders. After that I will hopefully be able to list a few more on my Etsy shop. Thank you again for all of your encouragement and kind words.... and of course thank you SO much for your orders.
Have a blessed and beautiful Sunday.

12 comments:
You all look like you were having a fun dinner!
Denise your home is beautiful. Love the balcony! :)
That looks like a fun night! I love eating dinner outside. And congratulations on your etsy success!
I love the balcony dinner...we eat outside as often as we can. Congrats on your sales success!
What a beautiful balcony and the perfect spot to make family memories.
I love your balcony! Your Italian dinner sounds wonderful! I love eating outside by candle light. Carla
I love your balcony! How sweet of them to just be waiting so mom could serve a special dinner. Love the lights on it! Come say hi sometime :D
Denise hello to you. How fun to have an Italian bistro evening on your own balcony...I didn't go that far we did have pasta out on the patio tonight..but a nice thought for us another time..You have a wonderful week.
Hugs,
Jolyn
I love your balcony~ How wonderful to be able to sit out there and enjoy an evening meal...or maybe it was more like a evening/midnight meal??? Ha! What a sweet time. Be blessed. Cindy
You are such a good mom. I love that you set the table and ate outside. Looks like a great evening.
What a neat idea-a balcony dinner!Perfect!
Enjoy your evening.
Hugs.
Looks like a great time was had by all at your little dinner party. :) Keep making special memories like that with Kristen, she will never forget.
Your house is lovely...and a three car garage to boot. Michael would be so envious.
Hope your having a fantastic and blessed week so far.
Hugs,
Cindy
It looks like fun, do you always post your photos straight out of the camera? I use photoshop for most photos.
It's such a great & fun idea to have dinner on your balcony. I guess it's far from the kitchen but worth it. I love the lights everywhere, it's such a pretty place. Your house is very pretty too. Have a great week. Hugs
Post a Comment