Tuesday, June 24, 2008

It's VBS Time!

Yesterday was the first day of VBS (Vacation Bible School). This years theme is SonWorld (where you can have the ride of your life with Jesus) and Kristen had a fun time. I found THIS LINK for more info on the 'theme'. You can also listen to the music we're hearing this week. 'Choose Jesus' is the main song that the kids will be starting off with each day. It's already playing in my head over and over!

This week I will be helping out in the kitchen preparing the kids snacks. Yesterday the kids had 'trail mix' so it was already put together by the girl who is in charge of 'snacks' and our job was to make the snack for today - which was, a rice krispy treat car! Basically we took a rice krispy treat bar and using frosting glued candy pieces on (life savers for wheels, m&m's for decor, and a gummy bear for the driver!). We only had to make 500 of them!!!!!

Here's Kristen with her SonWorld t-shirt on. She can't wait for Friday now because the church is having an amusement park set up after the kids 'show' in the evening. There'll be rides and bouncy castles, cotton candy (candy floss for my brit friends) corn dogs, popcorn, ice cream.... yeah, you can tell why she's excited :-)

So yesterday, the first days' message was "Choose to Believe".
The memory verse was 1 John 4:14-15 The Father has sent his son to be the Savior of the world. If anyone acknowledges that Jesus is the son of God, God lives in him, and he in God

My Choice: I can believe that Jesus is the Savior that God promised to send.

I think it's gonna be a fun week!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you will have a fun week at VBS. Our VBS is at night and later in the summer.

sadie said...

sounds like it will be a busy week!

replied to your email. :O)
xxx

Danna said...

Hi Denise,
Now summer looks like it is in full swing when there is VBS. I use to take Kari when she was Kristen's age. Then there was swimming lessons too. Back then I was in college and was a school bus driver so I was off for the summer except for 1 college class I would take at night. Have a fun week!

Anonymous said...

Hi Denise, Our church is having VBS too this week. I use to help when the kids were younger. Sounds like a fun theme and the song is catchy. 500 cars, wow that is a lot of treats. Have fun and bless you. Hugs

Anonymous said...

Wow sweetie, your VBS seems so much fun! Who wouldn't want to be a kid today with so many fun activities. 500....you sure must have been extra busy making those!!!!

I'm off to check on my scrabble games. Have a great day. xx

Darylynn said...

Hi Denise! Sounds like you have an excellent VBS for K to attend! Themes are always great and that sounds like a fun one! I'm surprised that isn't saved for the last week- sounds like a grand finale! Wonder what else they have planned?!? Have fun! (((Hugz)))

Danna said...

Hi Denise,
What did you think of the Olay that you've been using? I was wondering. HUGS