
It's time for Outdoor Wednesday. I love visiting all the other blogs to see what's going on 'outside' their world :-) Here's what's going on 'outside' my front door! I'm still working on the front porch, trying to make it pretty. This week I've added a few little extras.... let me show you:
This is basically how it looked the last time I showed you, but if you look closely (you can click the picture to enlarge), you will see a blue and yellow glass flower in each of the pots - these are to put votive candles in at night. And I also bought another froggy ornament, do you see them?
Here's a close up for you. I think I have a thing for frogs, they look so cute (not the real ones though, I don't really like those, I just enjoy the cute garden ornaments) and I like the acronym F.R.O.G - Fully Relying On God :-) I think I might collect them and add a few more around the yard this year.
Here's a similar picture of the first one, because I realized I hadn't put my new cushions on the chairs! I made these this week with a yard of fabric I got from Hobby Lobby. In hindsight I wish I'd got the more red color so they would stand out a bit better, but they look ok so they have to stay.
Also new is two candle sconces for the columns, you can see one here above,
and this is a close up. These were from Hobby Lobby last week too. I couldn't wait for it to get dark so I could light the candles and see what it looked like . . . . get comfy, cos here's a lot more photos!


I turned on the porch light too, but then it got a bit tricky getting the shots in focus...
Still, you get the idea..... it's looking rather cozy don't ya think?Don't forget to enter the Yoplait 'spa pack' Giveaway. The link is on the top right hand side. Just leave a comment on that post and your name will be entered in to the drawing. I will be picking a winner on Friday.
I am also linking up to Marla at Always Nesting who is hosting her first Woo Hoo Wednesday :-)
And to the lovely Jan at Boardwalk Bragfest

39 comments:
I think it looks wonderful & very cozy! Man we need a Hobby Lobby here.. I love these !!
hugs from Savannah, Cherry
Those candle sconces are adorable!
It does look very cosy! What time should I stop over to visit with you in your new outdoor space?! (oops, forgot about the hundreds of miles seperating us)
Denise it all looks so beautiful! I really like the night shots with the warm glow of the sconces. Fantastic job! :)
I love it. I wish I knew how to make my own cushions. Don't you just love candles at night? Carla
So pretty and cozy!! I hope to one day get the outside of my house looking like yours, I have alot of work ahead of me but its fun!
Your front porch is lovely! I was just thinking I need to do something in the front but I don't have anywhere near that much space to decorate.
Very pretty, Denise! I love the glow of the candles lit at night. Thanks for sharing! Liz
It looks lovely and serene Denise. I could see myself sitting in one of your lovely chairs relaxing with a cup of coffee and just enjoying the glow of the candles. ;-}
Hi Porch Lady, just had to say that, sometimes I have a quirky sense of humor. Love your porch. It looks so cozy and inviting. Something about low light and votives at night that make it "perfect".
Simply beautiful.
Hugs sweetie,
Cindy
Love your porch. The frogs are so cute....Be blessed. Cindy
How lovely. Such a wonderful glow from all the candles. It's going to be a wonderful place to sit all summer.
Very cozy! I'll bring the lemonade and cookies - you meet me on the porch!
Very cozy looking porch Denise... Love the darling candle sconces!!
Sherri:)
Everything looks just beautiful and so inviting! Makes me just want to come over and sit for a spell! Looks like the perfect place for some girl talk!
Denise, LOVE IT!! The nighttime shots really showcase it & show us what it's like. Very inviting & peaceful. I would want to be out there everynight! I love the FROG acronym too. Like you, not too crazy about the real ones. Thank you for sharing your creativity & your beautiful home with us again. Hugs!
Hi Denise!
Love it!I enjoyed all the photos. You are so creative!!
Hugs to you sweetie
Oh my gosh! I was thinking that was your back porch!! Loving the sconces. I have been eyeing those as well. They are so pretty! Wonderful porch and so inviting!
Denise, your porch took my breath away when I got down to the night photos. Your porch could be in a TV ad or magazine! I love it. Truly a Woo Hoo! outdoor project :)
Thank you so much for linking to Woo Hoo! Wednesday and joining the fun.
Thanks for coming over today Denise! I got the grout at Michaels, but you should be able to get it at a home store also. I love your porch and the flowers are beautiful!
Wow, Denise... nice job!
ooh la la. the candlelight really adds ambiance. Love it!
Hi there...WOO HOO, Thanks for your visit to mu blog and kindness. I love your post here and those sconces are so beautiful! You have a lovely home and the patio looks so inviting! :D
What an inviting place to relax and visit. You did a wonderful job putting it all together -- just the right touches in the right places. Thank you for linking to the Boardwalk Bragfest!
Your porch is really beautiful along with your flowers and yard. I LOVE outdoor rooms!
Denise to answer you question about my paint, you can use spray paint but the trick is in the prep work. You have to make sure to tape off anything you don't want paint on. I tape and then lay newspaper everywhere I think could get sprayed. The prep is the hardest part of the job, but totally necessary. I use Rustoleum's American Accents paint. It was a little pricey though for a larger area I would definitely use paint that I could roll on. Hope this helps.
Love
Vanessa
Your patio is so cozy and inviting! I have the same glass votive holders, only they are red tulips. I'm showing pictures to my husband right now so hopefully it will inspire him!
What a lovely front porch, I love the way it looks with the candles & the lights on. It sure looks cozy. You're lucky Boo stays close to the house in the front yard, Buddy would follow a bunny or so, even a car although our little road is pretty quiet but he's not reliable off leash. Hugs
I like the garden accessories, Denise and I love you front porch. It's very inviting. The iron lantern is very pretty and love the candles lit at night.....Christine
Really pretty! I love the candlelit pics!
Looks so pretty, Denise!
Does it get buggy there?
We get eaten alive at night here! :(
looks so lovely Denise :o)
hope you got the emails I sent recently.
have a lovely Thursday. xxx
So lovely. You've done a wonderful job and I bet its the prettiest in the neighborhood.
hugs
Sonny
your newest follower
I haven't seen such a pretty "living space" on the front porch of a house like yours. It's very nice, and I hope you get lots of use out of it this spring.
Love the photos of your porch-a perfect place to sit and chat! You have a beautiful home! Loved the frog and I too am not at all fond of the real ones!!
Have a great day!
Hugs
Hi Denise! The porch looks inviting and especially nice at night. I saw some really cute citronella oil lights at B,B & B that look like cattails that I'm going to get as a gift for a friend's garden. I think planting something on Earth Day is a great tradition! (((Hugz)))
i love your home! it's so lovely! i especially love the one where all the candles are lit!! thank you for visiting, i always love it when you stop by :) susan
I think the porch looks great! The scones look great and I love them lighted at night. It is so warm and welcoming all lite up. Did your husband build the portaco? (sp?)
Your porch looks lovely Denise and I love your new sconces...they look perfect! I really like your new cushions too! We have had great weather this week but storms are supposed to be rolling in tomorrow. ((BIG HUGS))
Post a Comment