Sunday, April 11, 2010

Sunday Musings. . . .

I'd like to start doing a weekly post that fills you in on what's been going on around here. It will include things I didn't get to blog about during the week and may recap some of the things I did get to blog about. I'll call it Sunday Musings :-)

Today I will be busy in the kitchen preparing a special birthday meal. The birthday is not until tomorrow, but we're celebrating today because the 'birthday girl' is my sweet 'mom-in-law'. Yes, I'm one of those lucky gals who has a 'mil' she adores :-) And each year I like to make her a 'special birthday meal' and give her pretty presents. She deserves a lifetime of special meals and pretty presents in my opinion - after all, if it wasn't for her, I wouldn't have the wonderful man I married ;-)

Here's a picture of my 'mil' Stacy and Kristen, taken on Easter Sunday, when she got to see Kristen's 'toothless' smile for the first time (another thing I haven't blogged about yet, but keep reading). I'll share pictures of the birthday meal next Sunday. For now here's some pictures of last weekend... Easter!

The Easter Bunny still visits Kristen and hides eggs for her every year. She always comes and wakes Mommy up and I take pictures of her while she hunts for the eggs and anything else the Bunny may have left for her. We have a fun morning together since Daddy just rolls over and goes back to sleep... funny how men aren't interested in these sorts of things!



All the goodies gathered together from the Easter Bunny (minus the bucket full of eggs!).

A week prior to that this had happened . . .

Kristen finally lost her first front tooth! This is only her second tooth she's lost and she's almost 9 1/2 years old! She didn't get her first tooth until she was 13 months old and the dentist has told me that she will be late in losing her baby teeth so I'm not overly concerned about it right now. Other teeth are also loose so in time I know she'll lose them all as she should. Next time it happens I may actually get to blog about it in the same week!


10 comments:

Melanie said...

You have a busy day ahead. Enjoy your meal and we will talk later:) Happy Sunday.

Stephanie @ La Dolce Vita said...

Looks like a fun busy week! How lucky you are to have a MIL you adore - and she's lucky too! Love that toothy smile on your pretty girl. Have a great week ...
Stephanie

Judy said...

Denise, I love your idea of your Sunday Musings! Of course, I like every idea you have. Haven't you figured out by now, that I am your biggest fan??? :-) I am! You are blessed to have a wonderful MIL. I feel as though that's something that I never had. I have one, but I don't have one. :-( I know that she must feel blessed too Denise, because look at her sweet DIL! I'm sure you will make her day incredibly special.

Wow - can't believe that Kristen just lost her first front tooth at 9 1/2! Emily wants to be like that, because she never wants to lose her baby teeth. :-) Have a blessed day! Hugs

Southern Lady said...

Sounds like a very busy week. You are very lucky to have a mother-in-law that you love so much. Mine has passed on now. Your little girl is adorable. There is something special about those toothless grins! Glad you had a great Easter week. Carla

Linda said...

So nice to read that someone else loves their MIL! Mine was wonderful as well but unfortunately she passed away 15 years ago. We never even had so much as one argument. It's such a sweet thing you are doing for her today. I'm sure she loves you just as much as you love her.

Your daughter is adorable, toothless and all!

Bella Della said...

Great idea to post and catch up like this. You have a beautiful mil and daughter!

xo,
Kim

Melissa Miller said...

Kristen is so beautiful! What a lovely photo of them together. I hope that you have a great week of celebrating.

Thank you for your support of my blog. I really appreciate your friendship Denise. :)

Richella Parham said...

What a blessing to have a wonderful mother-in-law! I'm betting that she is crazy about her wonderful daughter-in-law!

Kristen's smile is so cute! Looks like she had a happy Easter!

~Pam~ said...

Hi Denise!
I enjoyed reading the post filling us in!

Great pics of Kristen and your mil. :)

Enjoy the rest of your week!

love & hugs

xinex said...

Kristen is really so beautiful and you, Denise, is a very good mom. What a lovely time you have seeing her do her egg hunting and taking her picture. And both you and your MIL are lucky having each other....Christine