Once we got home dinner was waiting in the crock pot for us - Papa and Craig and Kari arrived too and after we ate we exchanged gifts. Here's Kristen opening the "Look Mommy I can Swim" doll from her daddy and me.
Christmas morning.... opening presents from Santa with help from Boo!
The big doll house Santa brought is nearly as tall as Kristen.
This family picture was taken late on Christmas day, hence the reason Kristen is in pj's again and her hair is all over the place :-) (if this was a full length shot you would see that I'm wearing pj bottoms too!)
Christmas dinner turned out well..... here's a pic of my dining room all ready for the big meal. (you can click on the pictures and they should enlarge).
Connor came over a few times yesterday to play with Kristen. We would just let them play a little then I had to send him home while we had dinner, then he came to play again, then his mom shouted for him to come home cos it was his turn for dinner. I thought today they would play alot, but Kristen is developing a very nasty cough (to be honest Connor has the same thing and I suspect she's gotten something from him) it's more than just allergies. Problem is, Kristen has always disliked coughing! She will supress it so much she nearly gags - infact (I hope you aren't eating as you read this), last night she held it back for so long that she finally had no choice and coughed and gagged so much she puked right on my pj's!!!! So today I told her she wasn't playing with anyone, I don't want her gagging or puking around anyone! She seems fine, not really sick but just very congested with a runny nose too, poor thing. I've just been playing Mario Party 8 with her on the Wii. After dinner she can have a bath and play with her swimming doll.
I'll be happy to be able to put my feet up and just watch tv or knit tonight. I do like the holidays but must admit I'm always happy once they are over too.
Hope to make a few visits tonight or tomorrow and see how your Christmas was too.
9 comments:
I'm like you....love the holidays but also enjoy the peace and quite when they are over.
Seeing Kirsten's new doll for Christmas took me back to my childhood. I loved the smell of a new doll on Christmas morning...silly huh? A doll that swims, now that is something new.
Yes, Dave was a grandpa at 48 so he's pretty proud of that. We were married at 20 though so it's not surprising we were early grandparents. I'm 7 mths older than him.
Loved seeing all your great Christmas photos, your table looked so lovely..very pretty.
I'm pooped today, we've had 3 days of Christmas celebrations and now today Dave wants to haggle over camera prices so it looks like we'll be going out to buy a 10 megapixel camera. I'm not really complaining, it will be fun to have a new toy.
I hope you have a lovely relexing evening. Did you get a chance to talk to your mum and siblings for Christmas. How is your mum doing?
Leaving you big hugs and lots of love, Julie.
PS. I hope Kirsten soon feel much better. So sorry to hear she's not well. xx
Hi Denise! Looks like you had a great Christmas! Kristen looks lik she's thrilled with her presents- especially her huge doll house! I love the Christmas photo on your card that you sent!
Thank you sweetie for your beautiful photo card which arrived in today's mail. What a really lovely card and how sweet of you to think of me. xoxoxoxo
fabulous pressies. :O) looks like a super duper Christmas.
I must scoot, as always, I've left surfing around so late it's going to coincide with humbug waking up! I am just tidying the bedroom. I've removed the pink tinsel tree. I just felt the urge to take down some of Christmas, even just a tiny bit like the tinsel tree!
I replied to your email. I hope it helps.
Have a great Thursday. xxxx
Merry Christmas!!!! Looks like you all had a good day. We had a good one too followed by a big party yesterday for Boxing Day (I'm feeling a little hungover this morning lol).
Hi Denise...loved seeing your photos from Christmas. I really loved your Christmas greeting one on Christmas Eve. So pretty! I hope Kristen is feeling better - hugs!
hello!
I know exactly what you mean about the kitchen not staying tidy at this time of year. Every time I walk into the kitchen I think 'MESS'! I seem to do nothing but put things away, wash up the cups that are generated, empty or fill the dishwasher, sweep the floor, feed the girl (or cat) and tidy up, and yet STILL it seems in a state of perpetual disarray.
Hopefully after New Year all will seem normal. Think I'll have a good blitz of the cupboards and declutter too.
hope you have a good Friday.
ooh, might show a little example of the new spring drawing tomorrow. :O)
xxxx
Thanks for sharing the Christmas pics! Doug will be happy to see them too!
I hope Kiki's feeling better - poor thing! Too funny though (not for you though I'm sure) about the pj puke. Gotta love kiddos!!
Your table looked lovely. I love your new dining room too - nice and bright!
I'm glad you had a wonderful Christmas and that now you can rest!
Big hugs xo
Post a Comment