Monday, December 3, 2007

An Early Start!


I'd say 4.30a.m. was early wouldn't you! I woke up at 3.30am this morning and just couldn't get back to sleep. It didn't help that Jason was tossing and turning in his sleep. By 4.30 I decided I might as well get up. I had gone to bed early at 9.30 so I had probably had nearly 6 hours of good sleep already, which didn't seem too bad.
I sat on the sofa and did a little knitting.... at 5am I heard the noise maker in our bedroom, which meant our bedroom door had been opened! Either Jason was getting up to see where I was, or Kristen had gone in to our room - yeah, you guessed it, a few seconds later I hear the patter of little feet coming down the stairs - Kiki! I had her lay on the sofa and told her it was very early in the morning and she should try to close her eyes for a little while. Thankfully she did and she slept there til 6.30am.

I didn't sleep at all, but I lit a fire log and just sat there warm and cozy. We got off to school as usual, and I even went to the gym. I feel ok now too but I would think I'll be in bed by 9pm tonight.

Today I'm busy decluttering again, packing up 'unused toys' to go to Goodwill, doing laundry and the usual household chores. I've started a 'Fitness Blog'! You can see it HERE, or if you go to my profile it will link to my other blogs there. I now have this one, my knitting blog and my fitness blog! There's nothing like a blog to motivate you to do something ;-) I don't know how often I'll post, and I won't usually mention it on here if I do, but I just wanted somewhere to keep a report on what I'm doing and how I'm doing as I start another phase of wanting to get fit and healthy.

Before I go, here is a quick snapshot of my new jacket.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about the early wake up for you this morning but sitting snuggly by the fire sounds wonderful!!

Love the new jacket! I bet you look amazing in it ... you "hot" mama ;-) hee hee.

Tammy was trying to "coach" me this morning re: fitness, but I'm a tough nut to crack in that area. I'm hoping when I'm done work that I can get myself motivated.

Catch up again soon! Big hugs xo

Darylynn said...

Hi Denise! Great idea to start a fitness blog- that was good motivation for me to sort of hold myself accountable. :) Great jacket! (((Hugz)))

Anonymous said...

Hi Denise, that is cool about your fitness blog. I have not been motivated to do anything. Just too tired and busy. That jacket is really nice and what a deal!

little miss violet said...

Bill and I are going to both be good in the new year. I don't think I'll start a fitness or diet blog, because I'd feel too much of a nitwit on the days when I cheat if I had to admit it! ha ha ha!

yes, 4.30 is early. Too early! Mind you, sounds like you made the most of it by having a cosy start to the day :O)

I'm fine today. I really think I was just feeling totally blah yesterday, I had TONS to do around the house, so being out for the weigh in was a bit of a pain, especially as they health visitors were running so late.

I only take her once a month, and really that's for my own sake. I like to know that she's eating enough and doing well. It's also handy for things like nappies, as they have the weight on them, so I need to know her weight. It used to be every other week, which was such a pain in the bum. And yes, they make you remove everything, inlcuding the nappy in the first year. That is SUCH a pain. The babies get cold and complain so much at being stripped and bunged on the scales! At least now it's not so bad, I just remove her heavy things like shoes and coat, jeans sometimes if the HV asks me too, but it makes it much quicker than before.
I don't hate taking her, but it can be a bit of a faff, especially when you have loads to do at home.

right. I've written tons, so I'd better go. Not before saying I Like the shape of your new jacket. was that the super-duper-bargain one?
Jackie said she found a skirt for £2 from Next last week, I am so going to go shopping with her! I got a bargain myself today, a cute little pale gold metallic bag from Primark for just £6..bargain..bargain..bargain!!!
xxx

Anonymous said...

Hi sweetie,
you sure are great at picking up a good bargain! Good on you.
Is it very cold in Austin yet? My family are currently in Johnson City TN as Jason has an interview tomorrow. Dan has a snow suit and has played in snow for the first time.
Hope your week is going well.
I need to go and put on some roast beef for dinner.

I'm so sorry you are feeling homesick at this time of year especially. That would be really tough.
With love, Julie. xx