Wow, I thought midweek came around fast enough, but the end of the week came even faster! I haven't blogged since Wednesday and here we are already Saturday night! I haven't really done much to blog about which is why I haven't taken the time to write in here.Yesterday Jason did take the day off work and we went out shopping. It wasn't that successful. We wanted wire shelving for Kristen's bedroom closet and headed to Home Depot but they didn't have the sizes we needed. Santa will be bringing Kristen a big doll house (you can click HERE to see it) and I wanted Jason to put it together. I did not want to wait a few days before Christmas then find we were missing some parts or something. Thankfully it all went together without a hitch and is safely hidden away in our bedroom closet :-)
Today we went out again for the shelving and this time went to Lowes. We got what we needed and Jason has already installed the shelves in the closet. Now I just need to re-arrange toys and organize in there.
Weather has warmed up again. It was 82 yesterday and is 85 today. Needless to say I have the a/c on because it is just so hot. Opening the windows just lets a warm sticky breeze in which makes me feel even hotter! We actually bought 'real' firewood today, but I don't know when we'll next need to use it. Shame, because I love the sound of a crackling fire when we're watching the tv.
Well, not a very exciting post, but just wanted to update before the week is over.
5 comments:
Hi Denise! Hope Kristen doesn't go to the "Sadie School of Snooping for Presents!" ;) I'm sure she'll love the gift. Hope you get some more Christmasy weather soon! (((Hugz)))
Sorry that posted as anonymous- my passwiord manager was uninstalled and I don't remember my Google/Blogger identity. :(
Hey there, our weather warmed up a little after the mid week snow but nowhere near your temps. We are still battling stomach flu at our house!
ooh, harsh words from Darylynn! I don't snoop. I just track and find and open! ha ha ha. Yes, if K needs any help or tips on pressie finding, then I'm your girl!
Love the dolls house. It is my belief that every little girl should own one. And that's why I have passed Kensington House on to little humbug. I will reclaim it when she's older and doesn't play with it any more. Right now she loves it. I open the roof for her first thing, so she can open and close the front as much as she wants through the day.I'm always finding her slippers or toothbrush have been stashed in there :o) I am going to make 2008 the year that I actually decorate it. I was planning on taking my time because I wanted to do it properly, then humbug came along and it seemed the right thing to do to give it to her instead. I will still decorate it nicely, but not as expensively as I'd planned.
Yes, I did see you mentioned a fitness blog. I don't think I'll do anything like that myself, because I'm bound to have days when I cheat and if I am writing about it and admit cheating, I'd feel like a big fat failure.
I'm glad you have read the cookbok and liked it. I'll be able to pick your brains for alternatives to use. :O) That's handy.
sorry about your weather! Ours has been very wet and cold and grey. It started off chilly but clear this morning, but it's raining again now. Not that I mind of course! Little one is sleeping, and Bill and I have just gorged on a bacon, egg and sausage brunch. I can hardly move!!! we are making the most of being piggies before January.
Right. Time I was off. Have a lovely Sunday. lots of love xxxx
Hi Denise, so glad you got the dollhouse done and got the things you needed for the shelves. We're in an ice storm today so staying in and keeping warm. Trying to get some visits in and posted before I may or may not lose electric. I sure am hoping not. Love and ~hugs~
Post a Comment