This week seems to be going slow, probably because Jason is away (still another 2 whole days before he's home, plus the rest of this one!) and also the fact that we have no plans to do anything this week. Most of our days have been spent indoors pottering around and playing on the computer (or in Kristen's case Xbox!). I'm not complaining about it - I'm just saying. I fear that I'm getting in to the habit of being lazy (happens every Summer really) and come September our butts will be kicked when we have to start getting up at 6am again for school. Actually school starts on August 24th here. But for now I'll continue to enjoy the lazy mornings and stay in my pj's til at least noon. Or in today's case 11am, cos we have to go out to piano lesson this morning.
Yesterday I popped next door to see my neighbor Cheryl (she's off work this week recovering from a minor surgery she had last week). I was shocked to see her painting her kitchen!!! I thought I was bad when I was recuperating, never sitting down, always finding something to do... but this girl goes all out! I did what any great friend would do - came back home, changed in to my 'painting' clothes and went back to give her a hand :-) I painted her walls while she finished cutting in. I'll pop back again today to help her finish it off.
So here's our agenda for today - piano lesson, take library books back, a quick trip to the store for milk and dog food, then home to help Cheryl.
What's on your agenda?
Yesterday I popped next door to see my neighbor Cheryl (she's off work this week recovering from a minor surgery she had last week). I was shocked to see her painting her kitchen!!! I thought I was bad when I was recuperating, never sitting down, always finding something to do... but this girl goes all out! I did what any great friend would do - came back home, changed in to my 'painting' clothes and went back to give her a hand :-) I painted her walls while she finished cutting in. I'll pop back again today to help her finish it off.
So here's our agenda for today - piano lesson, take library books back, a quick trip to the store for milk and dog food, then home to help Cheryl.
What's on your agenda?
4 comments:
Hi Denise popped on here this morning and there was nothing on so iv'e just emailed you after i'd finished i checked again and hey presto another blog to read.Glad to here Cheryl is on the mend, say hello from me.I don't blame you for having lazy mornings wish I could share them with you, enjoy while you can. Off to get ready for work, will call soon xxxxxx
I keep meaning to say to you how nice it is to see you posting more or less every day again.
That was kind of you to go and help your neighbour, though she sounds like a rascal (or should that be typical woman) for not taking it easy.
Oh, and there is nothing wrong with taking it easy in your jim jams. It is school holidays after all, and you'll soon be back in your normal routine when you need to be.
On my agenda, well, it's coming up to 4 p.m here, so it's the time of day I like. Humbug will have a bath when she announces it (usually around 5 - 5.30), which suits me. When she's out - depending on the time - she'll either be in jim jams or leisure wear. Then it's a case of winding down the day and a bottle of milk for her. I love this time of day.
Must show a photo of her tomorrow, her new coat, hat and mittens arrived today, made me pine for a really cold day so we can go for a walk dressed up cosy warm.
enjoy your day xx
Well Id like to sleep, but Willow wont let me :(
You are such a good friend! I'm so happy that you & Cheryl have one another. I can tell you are so happy in this new neighborhood!
Hugs xo
Post a Comment