I took these pictures a few weeks ago and just realized I never shared them on here! This was back at the beginning of June. My basil as you can see was doing well so I decided to make my own pesto :-)
The recipe called for basil (of course) and a little Italian flat leaf parsley....
I had some parsley in my herb garden too, but the plant was still small, I just say managed to get the amount needed... then you add pine nuts....
actually you have to toast the pine nuts first, they have a much nicer taste that way too....
blend all together with olive oil until you get this.....

then boil the pasta of your choice and mix together.... and 'Hey Pesto'! (ha ha, get it)....
you have dinner :-) My basil is going wild again so I think I will make this again today (need to buy more pine nuts) and have it on top of grilled chicken (I'm cutting the carbs out this week, til I lose those 10lbs remember!) I'll try to post the recipe later, it's in a magazine I have and I can't remember which one right now! I need to go look for it.
4 comments:
yum, homemade pesto, how fab.
I actually managed to grow basil this year. Normally it starts to shoot, and I get all excited, then something happens (usually over or underwater!) and it shrivels up and dies. But this year I have a very fine looking pot of basil on the windowsill in the kitchen. Pride!! ;o)
have a lovely day. Did you get any sprinkles of rain? I'm excited because metcheck.com had rain on my Friday prediction. I don't dare to look again in case they've changed it back to full on sunshine!
have a lovely Thursday xx
Hi Denise! Basil is the one herb I always grow. I use it in salads and as a pizza topping with goat cheese and tomato slices. Great job on the pesto! Looks yummy!
Yes, the cottages are all residences and they all cost a million dollars plus- even the tiniest ones. It's such a charming area so if you ever get to that area, you must visit.
Happy 4th! (((Hugz)))
Your pesto looks yummy. Still hav'nt made the zucchini caserole yet.
Very cool D! Hope you enjoyed your pesto and chicken tonight ;-)
Hugs xo
Post a Comment