I forgot to take pictures last night when I set out all the yummy food for my book club meeting! This morning I took a picture of what was left of the 'baklava' . . .
This stuff was Y-U-M-M-Y! I don't even want to think how many calories is in it, but man it's delicious. The soup was a big hit too, a couple of ladies even took a bowl home with them, so it must have been good.The evening was a success :-) Our group has 14 members now and 9 came last night, inc me to make 10. I had to bring in the dining room chairs to seat everyone. We had a fun time, always a lot of laughs and a great discussion about the book. I really love this group and the fact that it's combined with one of my favorite hobbies, just makes for a great night every time.
Guess what? The sun isn't shining!!!!!! I just checked yahoo weather and it's still forecast to get to 101 today but it also says 'isolated thunderstorms'.... oh, I really hope they're right. We so need a good downpour. I'd love to just stay home and watch the rain come down. It would feel so cozy. I'll let you know if it happens.
Have a great weekend.
5 comments:
there you are, I promised I'd send over a storm! ;o)
yum, that looks like my kind of food.
ack, little one shouting for me, got to go. Another storm is rolling in so she's probably a bit scared xxx
A good downpour would be great for your garden! Hope it happens for you. We are overcast and expecting storms today too.
Glad that your shindig went well last night. You really do have a gift for entertaining!!
Hugs
Better stop by my blog tomorrow...you have some "pets" waiting...
looks fab! I love the three column template. Just saw your email, and not to worry, I had only sent you a link to the place that helped me, so it didn't take too long to do :O)
have a lovely Saturday, happy sewing! xxx
Hi Denise! I so enjoyed the rain we got yesterday. Hopefully we will get more tomorrow. Sounds like your book club meeting was a hit. I have never had baklava but have heard it's tasty! ((BIG HUGS))
P.S. The movie "My Sister's Keeper" was wonderful but you will need a box of kleenex as you already know that ;o)
Post a Comment