Sunday, July 5, 2009

A Fabulous Fourth

We all had a wonderful time on Saturday over at our neighbors. We didn't manage to get the water slide. Cheryl told me that she was only on a waiting list for one and the company didn't call so we knew they wouldn't be bringing it. We had a slip n slide for the kids instead and water balloons. They still had a fun time..... and the best part - we saved $270! ;-)

Here's a few pics as promised.... first, my 'flag cake'. This was really easy to make, just pound cake, jello and fruit, topped with cool whip and then strawberries and blueberries on top.

We did a 'hot dog station' and made cards to place on the table letting everyone know how to assemble certain dogs. There was the Chili Cheese Dog, the Steam Whistle Dog (cheese, bacon and pickle relish), the Texas Dog (bbq sauce and coleslaw) and a Nacho Dog (cheese sauce, onions and crushed chips on top).

These are the flowers I took to our 'hosts' Cheryl & Steve...

Me in my matching 'dessert' t-shirt. . .

me and Cheryl. . .

Kristen and Emily. . .

I tried taking a few pics of the fireworks we had, and this was one of the better ones. . . .


I hope you all had as wonderful a day as we did.

5 comments:

Sue said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! Love your dessert and matching T! lol

I missed being down in the U.S. for 4th of July this year. Last year we were in Wilmington and it was breathtaking to say the least.

Hope to catch up this week! Love you xo

sadie said...

lovely piccies. I love your cake, it turned out well. I love the matching cake and t-shirt photo! :O)

That is a really good firework photo, it's so hard to get any decent firework photos.

Have a great start to the week :O) xx

nenna said...

Looks like agreat time had by all. As usual I wish i was there with you.Went to an italian resturant on sat night with mam a freda joanne and my friend irene it was realy nice but a bit noisey for mam there was a birthday party in and they set off party poppers say no more.Going to bingo tonight last time before a freda goes home, she goes on wed.Weather not too good showers and thunder oh for that lovely texas sun love and miss you.

Elizabeth said...

Hi Denise, what a gorgeous cake & how neat to have the matching tshirt. Your 4th of July sounds awesome, I'm glad you had a great time. Have a great week, hugs

Elizabeth said...

Good morning Denise, basil goes well with everything, I add it to salads, tomato salads & in any dishes, it's good with pasta too. You can make pesto pizza with your frozen pesto too. I also love basil with brie. Have a great day, hugs