Melanie is on vacation this week, visiting her friend in Atlanta, so she picked a recipe from the PW Cookbook that she'd already made before and had taken photos of. It just so happened that I had already made the dish too. It was the very first recipe I tried when I first got my cookbook - Chicken Spaghetti. This is posted on my 'cooking blog' but I'm reposting the pictures (and verdict) here so you don't have to click on over there.
I made this my first recipe to try because I was intrigued that this is the only 'casserole' Marlboro Man will eat - I wondered how good it could really be? You can find the recipe HERE on Ree's cooking site.
(and just for the record, you'll find much nicer photos at that link too)... but here's a few of mine: some of the ingredients...
everything is basically thrown together...
poured in to a dish with more cheese added on top... and popped in to the oven,
Verdict: Overall it is very tasty, the amounts of seasoning and liquid were fine for me, I didn't have to add any more. I did make a couple of changes, first being I didn't have a fryer chicken, I used just two large chicken breasts that I had defrosted the day before, I boiled these in water and then just shredded them. I didn't use the 'stock' from this but opened a can of chicken broth and used that instead.The only thing I would change if I made this again (and I'm sure I will, it makes a great easy dish and would be nice with a crispy green salad and fresh bread) is I would saute the onion and bell pepper. PW doesn't say to do so, but to me the onion just wasn't cooked enough after 45 minutes, and I found the onion a little too over-powering. In saying that, we had more of this heated up a day or so later and the onion taste was a little less strong then, but I'd still like to cook them first next time just to taste the difference. A little more cheese wouldn't come amiss either!
After reposting this recipe I feel like actually making this casserole again this week! I just defrosted chicken breasts today to use this week so I may take two of them tomorrow and throw this thing together again ;-) I deliberately have a jar of pimentos in the pantry for this very recipe. If you're wondering what to make for dinner one night this week, give this a try.
Linking to Tasty Tuesday at http://beautyandbedlam.com/
Tempt My Tummy Tuesday at http://blessedwithgrace.blogspot.com/


10 comments:
This looks so yummy Denise! I really like your PW recipe posts.
Have a great day. ~Melissa :)
This does look so good Denise, I like meals like this. :D
This looks like real comfort food. Yum!
oh my word, that is really making me hungry! xxxx
Looks yummy! Carla
That looks really good!
Denise, it does look like a great recipe. I still haven't gotteh the cookbook, but just by reading your posts, I want it.
Hope your day is going lovely, & that you got to sleep in today. Hugs!
Hi Denise!
Okay, I think I'm going to have to try this recipe. Actually, I'm betting that my husband and kid would love it if I would just buy the cookbook and try everything! This one does look tasty, and if you'd make it again, I think it's worth a try!
Sounds like you guys are doing well. I just got caught up on your posts that I missed while I was out of town. I need to join you on FlyLady--my house looks like a tornado hit it!
Enjoy the summer with your beautiful daughter!
:o) just saw your comments and came over for a visit.
Well, if you get the chance to go to F&B's next time, do. They have a fantastic selection on the menu and I think it's all scrummy. It's Italian food, so pasta and pizza, but also burgers and things like steak and chips.
No, GG wasn't helping me! I sneaked down on Friday night to put up the decs so it was a total surprise for her on Saturday morning. she was so happy about it, which was just lovely.
I'm glad you are loving the beauty of a good old rainy day! Can't say I am surprised, I mean, you are British at heart! ;o)
xxx
p.s keep meaning to ask and forgetting, how is Mam? xx
I enjoyed this dish too. I just tweak it a bit for our taste.
Post a Comment